Blue Ray DVD Recorder?

Shredder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
Anyone know when these may first hit the market? I have HDTV, so I don't really have the need to upgrade to Blue Ray anytime soon...I'm mostly interested in the data storage capabilities of the discs. I can fit more than a few DVD discs on there and save even more space :)...

I was also an early adopter of DVD, but with all these rumors, it's making me not want to upgrade to Hi Def DVD at all :(

Thanks!

I think the Pioneer BDR-101A is supposed to ship next month, maybe it's next quarter. This is a PC half height drive that does all DVD formats except RAM. It originally was a 25GB unit, but I think they changed that to a 50GB dual layer unit.

Khm, originally Pio was saying Q1, whic is about to end with this Month... now they say next quarter... and where's that 50 gig support? You say they've changed the 25 gig - got linky?
I don't think so, at least I couldn't find anything on it, every site still says it'll be $1K and 25 gig only. The only mentioning of 50 gig was a small footnote about dual-layer disc capacity, in their original announcement page: http://www.pioneer.co.jp/press/release159.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)