Bluetooth Headset

JerryDowning

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
NE Illinois
I received a Bluetooth headset for Christmas and discovered that the sound is slightly ahead of the TV sound. Is there a way adjust this and make it right?

If the reset doesn't work for you, the issue here is usually called input lag. It's caused by the video signal processing delays that occur in mostly the newer TVs. My LG 3D tv has a lag of about 200 ms. So, when you compare with the raw audio out of the H, the audio is 200 ms ahead of the video. I just live with it as I'm the only one using BT in the middle of the night.
My LG has an AV Sync setting to partially overcome this kind of problem, but it's not enough to make a difference. Also, again in the case of the LG, some users have found that changing the mode from 'standard' to 'game' has greatly reduced this lag. I haven't tried it yet, may some day. But if it works, I would have to change all the color settings to match the 'standard' setting to live with it.

Care to share what tv and BT you are using?

If the reset doesn't work for you, the issue here is usually called input lag. It's caused by the video signal processing delays that occur in mostly the newer TVs. My LG 3D tv has a lag of about 200 ms. So, when you compare with the raw audio out of the H, the audio is 200 ms ahead of the video. I just live with it as I'm the only one using BT in the middle of the night.
My LG has an AV Sync setting to partially overcome this kind of problem, but it's not enough to make a difference. Also, again in the case of the LG, some users have found that changing the mode from 'standard' to 'game' has greatly reduced this lag. I haven't tried it yet, may some day. But if it works, I would have to change all the color settings to match the 'standard' setting to live with it.

Care to share what tv and BT you are using?
I have a JAM model HX-HP420 headset and a Samsung UN50ES6500 tv I think that I can reduce the delay of the sound on the tv but I have not yet tried it.
Normally this is not a problem since I would use the headset with the tv volume turned down but sometimes there is more than one of us watching. My wife uses the tv sound and I use the headset due to my bad hearing.

I have a Vizio sound bar placed at the base of my Samsung TV. The sound bar has bluetooth input so I can feed the BT signal to both the sound bar and my headphones and eliminate the echo. I haven't tried this yet so have no proof. I would assume a Hopper would be able to link to two BT devices.

I wonder if, since sound travels slower than RF, is it possible that the delay or echo is caused by this. It would seem to be more severe the farther away you are from the TV, ie, if the TV was in another room the delayed echo would be worse. Just a thought and don't have any empirical evidence to prove this theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)