Bluetooth Issue with H3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gasman882001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Houston, Tx
Have done some searching but no new reported issues so want to ask out here.

Anyone having issues pairing a NEW set of headphones to the H3?

I had used an existing bluetooth speaker earlier in the evening on my receiver with no issues. Have a NEW set of headphones that I wanted to pair and could not find the bluetooth icon under the settings. I did some searches from my phone because thought maybe they had moved the icon and went specifically to the menu on the H3 where it said that the setting was to start a new pair, but could not find the icon or any mention of bluetooth. So weird! I did not note what version of the software I am on (dang!) but can look tonight if that is needed.

I know this was there in the past and worked because I have a speaker I use almost daily.

Gave up because it was getting late and figured I would ask here in the morning.

thanks!

This is the first time I've heard of this. Bluetooth on the H3 is advertised so if it isn't on your unit, that's broken.

I have some ultra cheap Bluetooth headphones that have no volume control. When I pair these they are so loud they can't be used safely. There is no Bluetooth volume control on the H3.

On the Joey 2 I had to order the Bluetooth dongle. I have another pair of cheap Beats knockoffs that won't connect to it correctly. They are identidied as BT08. To get them to connect I must select connect from the menu and then turn on the headphones. Otherwise if I turn the headphones on first, it connects but then there is no sound.

No, it's a a glitch. If you had/have a Bluetooth adapter, plug it in and the tile will reappear

On the Joey 2 I had to order the Bluetooth dongle. I have another pair of cheap Beats knockoffs that won't connect to it correctly. They are identidied as BT08. To get them to connect I must select connect from the menu and then turn on the headphones. Otherwise if I turn the headphones on first, it connects but then there is no sound.

I noticed with Joey software version U298 dated 12/11/2018 the headphone noted above now connect just by turning them on as normal. This is great. This worked without having to redo the pairing procedure.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gasman882001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)