Boardwalk Empire

It's a heck of a lot better than some of the stuff my wife watches. So its good with me so far :p

I will be watching this years season of Boardwalk Empire next summer, when I take Hbo again on free view or 1/2 price for the last season of True Blood. I can catch up on the entire season on HBO GO then.

I have to do a Rewatch of the season 3 BD before I start S4. I still have this past season of True Blood on the DVR as I haven't watched last season yet.

What a disappointing season. At least Boardwalk Empire didn't end by cutting to black abruptly and making us guess the fate of the characters we've been following for years. I'll miss the series, but the 5th season really stank. It was so melancholy, foreboding and full of foreshadowing to the expected ending that made it too dark, too depressing, and too predictable in its own way. It is not a satisfying end, but it is an end.

The last episode seemed quite rushed. I didn't realize they only gave them 8 episodes this season.

Sad to see it go!

I didn't even finish the last 3 or 4 episodes of last season and I was waiting for this season to see if I wanted to watch them on demand. I don't think it would be worth it from what I have read here and else where about the finale. Oh well this show was the LAST HBO series that I had any interest in after True Blood ended. That show ended pretty bad too. Like it was rushed and they needed a happy ending quickly to tie it all up in a bow.

Sorry for those that didn't enjoy each and every season of this very fine series. I for one, absolutely loved all of them and will miss the show.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

When I watched it I thought the opening was how it would end. Wow I was wrong. It was slow in parts and I thought for sure Margaret would be caught in the crossfire. As for the ending, I didn't see it coming!:eek I too will miss this series.

When I watched it I thought the opening was how it would end. Wow I was wrong. It was slow in parts and I thought for sure Margaret would be caught in the crossfire. As for the ending, I didn't see it coming!:eek I too will miss this series.

I was happy to see that Margaret got a VERY happy ending! She was just as underhanded as Nucky though.

The first 4 seasons were good but this season was lousy. The 7-year time jump between seasons 4 and 5 definitely screwed things up. I think if HBO would have kept it going for another season or two, the writers wouldn't have done that.

I felt like they should not have even bothered with the short, last season although I thought the ending was well done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts