Bob Knight could have broken an NCAA rule

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Bob Knight could have broken an NCAA rule - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

The bureaucracy of the NCAA is so stupid. NOBODY can obey NCAA rules,win or lose. It's not "nobody can obey NCAA rules & win," it's nobody can obey period. College athletes should not have to take a vow of poverty to play college. Recruits are restricted where they can stay or sleep. Sleeping on someone's couch is a violation? What is acceptable,sleeping on a park bench or on a newspaper in the streets? That might break some obscure NCAA rule also. The NCAA's idea of "fairness' is such a gross perversion,it's a wonder all colleges aren't under probation for some vague NCAA violation.

I can understand the rule, it's a stupid rule but it is a rule.

I don't think collegiate athletes should be paid by the schools since they get their education for free but I do think they should be aloud to get a honest job. Now if the schools decide to pay then in the future than they should have to pay for their education.

I can understand the rule, it's a stupid rule but it is a rule.

I don't think collegiate athletes should be paid by the schools since they get their education for free but I do think they should be aloud to get a honest job. Now if the schools decide to pay then in the future than they should have to pay for their education.

What about the Non Athletes that are also on a Free ride ?
They ARE allowed to have a legit job, while Athletes can't .... ain't the NCAA great ... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)