Bob Ross Happy Trees Artist

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
I was tuned into 125W as I am want to do often. Bob Ross was on. Yes he has passed but his appeal is immortal.

My younger son caught me watching my video Librium, sat down and started watching. The look on his face was fantastic. It was disbelief and amazement. 15 minutes later, my wife wanted to watch Wheel of Fortune and he chirped, hey I wanna watch that. My wife looked at me and said, really? I just smiled and got back to watching Bob telling me how to create my own world full of happy trees, pretty birds and lovely clouds.

I loved watching him on NE Public TV back in the day. I just watched an cool documentary on Bob Ross. Interesting to hear how he got the afro to save money on haircuts, then once it was being used as his trademark on painting supplies, he couldn't get rid of it!

I watch ole Bob quite often on 125.

There was another Putty knife painter...old German guy.. When he was forced to use a brush he would announce it with great fanfare, "The Brrrrush! The all mighty Brrrrrush!"

I cannot agree with you more! Bob Ross is one of the best, if not THE BEST!

In OUR OWN way, we each are an "artiste" when it comes to our satellite hobby. We can all learn something very important from this man. Although we may not use a canvas, easel and a brush, we can adopt his tranquil and patient approach to our love and hobby! Not to mention our lives in general. Life is for enjoying and our hobbies should reflect the same.

RADAR

freezy said:
There was another Putty knife painter...old German guy.. When he was forced to use a brush he would announce it with great fanfare, "The Brrrrush! The all mighty Brrrrrush!"

I remember that guy I think his name was Alexander. I actually think he was bob Ross's boss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)