Bold post ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
Why are posts in bold ?? It would suggest that they are "new" or have been updated since I last saw the forum list.

I just posted in a thread, the thread is listed in bold, yet it shows me as the last poster. That's not really necessary, is it ??

They are in bold when a new post is made. After you read/click on them they are not bold. If you do not visit a forum regularly, they will not be bold. I believe it has something with the cookie. When I am done reviewing post on all forums, I go to the main forum screen and click on the mark all forums read tool. This way when I go back into the forums, it has all topic in bold that have new material.

korsjs said:
They are in bold when a new post is made. After you read/click on them they are not bold.
That's what I presumed. At the same time, the system should not call a thread "new" when *I* am the last person to post in it. Technically, there is NO *new* post in the thread after I visited it.

Ahh now I get it. I agree with what your saying Hall, although I really have no control over that its the forum software doing that. I think its a limit of the cookie system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)