'Unread threads' not showing in bold anymore?

a33

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2015
netherlands europe
Hi Folks!

This morning (it is morning here in the Netherlands), the threads that have new posts that I didn't read, don't show in bold anymore.
Instead, everyone's avatar has a mexican hat.
Are the two things connected?

I miss the indication of unread threads, and hope it will return?

Thanks for the good work you do at the forum,

Greetz,
A33.

Reactions: navychop
I see the bold unread thread titles and also the regular avatars.

Oh I know. It's Cinco de Mayo and that's why you see the sombrero. I have the holiday themes turned off.

Last edited:
This morning (it is morning here in the Netherlands), the threads that have new posts that I didn't read, don't show in bold anymore.

Ah! I see I have to correct myself!

It is not the unread threads themselves, they show bold indeed.

It's the subforums with unread threads, that have no special avatar anymore (as compared to subforums with read threads).
Example:
Schermafdruk op 2023-05-05 15-29-57.png

I used to focus on the avatars to the left of the subforumname, which were different.
But I see now I have to focus on the "New" indication to the right of the subforumname.

Sorry for the confusion,

Greetz,
A33

Ah! I see I have to correct myself!

It is not the unread threads themselves, they show bold indeed.

It's the subforums with unread threads, that have no special avatar anymore (as compared to subforums with read threads).
Example:
View attachment 162024

I used to focus on the avatars to the left of the subforumname, which were different.
But I see now I have to focus on the "New" indication to the right of the subforumname.

Sorry for the confusion,

Greetz,
A33
Go to your Preferences,Content Options,check the box for Disable Holiday themes(or whatever it said I forgot already:biggrin).
That will remove the silliness.