Bold Predictions for the 2009 NFL Season

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Before every NFL season, a lot of us make grand and bold proclamations about what will happen.

What are you guys going to predict?

Here are some things I believe are going happen:

1. The Patriots and Saints will combine to score the most points ever on a Monday Night Football game (the record is 95 for a Redskins-Packers game in 1983). (They led the NFL in points scored in the last two season- Pats in 2007, Saints in 2008- and have the previous two Offensive Players of the Year)

2. More than one quarterback will throw for 40 touchdown passes this season (It'll be a combination of these guys- Brady, Brees, Rivers, McNabb).

3. The Denver Broncos will finish with the worst record in the AFC

4. A running back will run for 20 touchdowns

5. Once again, the NFC will be won by a team out of nowhere. OTOH, if the Lamar Hunt Trophy is not being hoisted by a player representing the Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, or Patriots- I will be stunned.

2. More than one quarterback will throw for 40 touchdown passes this season (It'll be a combination of these guys- Brady, Brees, Rivers, McNabb)

fwiw, didn't you forget an obvious one ?
Peyton Manning

You really think Rivers and or McNabb will throw more TD's than Peyton ?

Jimbo

Before every NFL season, a lot of us make grand and bold proclamations about what will happen.

What are you guys going to predict?

Here are some things I believe are going happen:

1. The Patriots and Saints will combine to score the most points ever on a Monday Night Football game (the record is 95 for a Redskins-Packers game in 1983). (They led the NFL in points scored in the last two season- Pats in 2007, Saints in 2008- and have the previous two Offensive Players of the Year)

2. More than one quarterback will throw for 40 touchdown passes this season (It'll be a combination of these guys- Brady, Brees, Rivers, McNabb).

3. The Denver Broncos will finish with the worst record in the AFC

4. A running back will run for 20 touchdowns

5. Once again, the NFC will be won by a team out of nowhere. OTOH, if the Lamar Hunt Trophy is not being hoisted by a player representing the Colts, Steelers, Chargers, Ravens, or Patriots- I will be stunned.

I'm a Bronco fan and methinks that there is no way that Denver can be that
good.:D

I predict that Brett Favre will drive Brad Childress stark raving mad before he shows up/doesn't show up for training camp. :D

If Farve shows up with the Vikes next Friday will be a mental house in Mankato for Vikings Training Camp :)

Will make Randy Moss' 1st training camp like it use to be....where only 50-75 folks maybe showed up for training camp. Then Moss came and the Vikes sold out the scrimmage they had the 1st week. They use ot fill maybe 1/2 of a 4000 seat stadium there at the college. 1st year of Moss and they wedged people everywhere on that field including the sidelines/endzones for that scrimmage

Guaranteed to happen:

One player will get involved with a serious law-enforcement issue.
One player will get sued by a woman claiming sexual assault.
One player will be arrested for DUI.
None of them will be suspended.

I am ALMOST willing to bet that the Bears will win MORE games than the AFC West champion...and still might not make the playoffs...

The Bears offense is in the bottom 3rd of the league. Their number 1 wideout is a stone handed kick returner. Jay Cutler will lead the league in interceptions.

If the Vikes dont sign Farve there is a Detroit win there

remember...last year they lost by a safety when the QB forgot where he was and ran out of the end zone ;)

If the Vikes dont sign Farve there is a Detroit win there

remember...last year they lost by a safety when the QB forgot where he was and ran out of the end zone ;)

Iceberg - The Lions invent new ways to lose on a weekly basis. At this point, I'll be happy if they are still in the game at the end of the first quarter. Last year they were down 21 pts. at the end of the first quarter almost every week.

Lets see....kinda early but I guess that why they will be bold. :D

1. The 49ers will win the NFC West....which brings us to...

2. Michael Crabtree will be the NFL Rookie of the Year...and once again some team close will look like fools.

3.The Cowboys will finish no better than 8-8.

4. This years sleeper teams, Chiefs and Packers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts