Boo Direct-TV Need your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sebtree

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
by Sebtree, 1/19/08 20:50 ET
Any info from Forum about this problem?I live in Florida and have Direct TV to Follow the Indians on MLB x-tra innings and the Sunday Ticket for Football coverage. That's the only thing I use DTV for and have been doing so for years. Yesterday, I get E-Mail from Direct TV that says they're cancelling my service at my request (That I didn't make) Called DTV and they say they don't know why that happened. And they tried to reinput the Service, however its not taking, AND now they're telling me that I can't continue my "Grandfathered" Subscription for these packages. To get these Packages, I have to Subscribe to a full TV Package.This is Bull, and the Sports packages I subscribe to our expensive and they'll lose that money so it doesn't make sense. I Have a Cable package for regular TV & Internet, which I'm not going to give-up. ANY COMMENTS or ideas from the FORUM regarding this problem. Any one else with this problem? sebtree

http://www.satelliteguys.us/
thats bullcrap..sounds like did it on purpose to get you to pay more...
just keep on asking for supervisors on the phone by mattbgsu, 1/19/08 21:12 ET
Re: Help! Boo Direct TV by Sebtree, 1/19/08
you'll eventually get to a point where they'll give you your old package. it may take a while and it may take a few tries. 99% of companies have a policy that if you get to complain to a certain level, they'll just go ahead and cave

D* has the right to change their requirements or programming packages at anytime, but in doing so they have to give you the option to cancel their service without penalty or continue on with the new package/requirements.

The base requirement package has been around for some time now, and it doesn't surprise me that they may be trying get everyone onto base packages.

Your choices are:
1) Call and complain, placing yourself at the whim of D*'s CSR's in the faint hope that they think you're as important/profitable to them as you think you are
2) Pay for the new packages
3) Cancel your service and seek your programming elsewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)