BOOOOOOO DISH - BAD, VERY BAD!!!!

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
426 - 3AM PACIFIC TIME - ROOT SPORTS NW (426) - Opening game of the 2012 MLB season live from Tokyo - Seattle Mariners v. Oakland Athletics, and no HD feed...just 4:2 fuzzy SD. They can't blame this on lack of HD transponder space.

We couldn't see the game here in Connecticut because we are considered to be in Mets land...

But DISH does not carry SNY, so the game was blacked out to us.

Root is owned by...drum roll.... directv
What does that have to do with it? Dish is the one to blame for only have part-time game only RSNs where games are often not shown in HD or JIP'd (a term us DirecTV subs have never seen). It is Dish and only Dish that chose to not put the game in HD. It is in HD here on Direct

BTW, the replay of the game is on MLBNet. It is the Mariner's feed.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with it? Dish is the one to blame for only have part-time game only RSNs where games are often not shown in HD or JIP'd (a term us DirecTV subs have never seen). It is Dish and only Dish that chose to not put the game in HD. It is in HD here on Direct

Ownership is always 90% of the puzzle with Dish..besides per the above posts the game still might show up

DodgerKing said:

You're right. It wasn't that ROOT broadcasted only in SD. Dish didn't turn on the HD feed. I've said it before, they are nicer to us in the East.

Ownership is always 90% of the puzzle with Dish..besides per the above posts the game still might show up

Except the game happened at 6:00am eastern time this morning because it was played in Tokyo. It already happened and it didn't show up. That's what the OP said right from the beginning. Dish probably didn't catch it because it wasn't a normal game time but there was definitely bandwidth available at that time of the day.

Plus Dish does carry other games from Root in HD so I doubt it had anything to do with ownership. They already pay these RSNs to carry their games in HD. They just don't always carry them.

Except the game happened at 6:00am eastern time this morning because it was played in Tokyo. It already happened and it didn't show up. That's what the OP said right from the beginning. Dish probably didn't catch it because it wasn't a normal game time but there was definitely bandwidth available at that time of the day.

Plus Dish does carry other games from Root in HD so I doubt it had anything to do with ownership. They already pay these RSNs to carry their games in HD. They just don't always carry them.
dish always cuts special deals.. meaning they have been known to cut back on the number of games they carry to get a reduced price

The game is already been played....

and last year Directv owned Root RM (they changed the name on 4/1) along with Root RM and Root Pittsburgh...and HD games were available all last year.
So lets just look at facts. Dish dropped the ball. It has nothing to do with who owns the station. Using your "theory" then all the CSN games are in jeopardy of being on Dish in HD because Comcast owns the station :rolleyes:

dish always cuts special deals.. meaning they have been known to cut back on the number of games they carry to get a reduced price

wrong. It only happens when Fox takes over more games from the OTA affiliate (as was in St Louis and Dallas a couple years back and in Minnesota last year) and Dish doesnt pay to show those extra games

The only one responsible for this is Dish. The ownership of the channel has nothing at all to do with this. This happens often on Dish, particularly those on the west coast.

The one and only way to fix this is to make their HD RSNs fulltime.

The only one responsible for this is Dish. The ownership of the channel has nothing at all to do with this. This happens often on Dish, particularly those on the west coast.

The one and only way to fix this is to make their HD RSNs fulltime.
directv prevented Dish from carrying the MLB channel until a lawsuit resolved the issue.. (part ownership nonsense)

directv prevented Dish from carrying the MLB channel until a lawsuit resolved the issue.. (part ownership nonsense)

boy you are really living up to your name there
Until recently MLB EI was attached to MLB channel.
In a deal that was pioneered by other sports league owned channels, MLB tied carriage of the MLB Network to the ability to carry the popular out of market MLB Extra Innings package. In return, cable and satellite providers were offered a minority share of the new network.
so Directv is a part owner as is Comcast, Time Warner and Cox. Dish didnt want to carry MLB EI so they couldnt get MLB Net.....Recently that rule was laxed and other providers started carrying it

I don't know where you are getting your info from, but if you are paying for that information I would demand my money back. ;)

DirecTV did not prevent Dish from getting MLBNet. And what happened with MLBNet has nothing to do with the FACT that Dish forgot to turn on the HD feed for today's game.

I don't know where you are getting your info from, but if you are paying for that information I would demand my money back. ;)

DirecTV did not prevent Dish from getting MLBNet. And what happened with MLBNet has nothing to do with the FACT that Dish forgot to turn on the HD feed for today's game.
i dont think they forgot..they just didnt want to pay for it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)