Bored DP322 without a seperator

krhainos

Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I have a Dish 322 that I purchased off eBay, and as I expected -- it came sans separator. I've already purchased a separator, but in the mean time -- is there anything I can do with it until it arrives?

I already called Dish and they've activated it; I have my single coax from the DP34 switch running into Satellite 1, and it doesn't work.

Being curious, what would running another coax from the 322 to the switch do?:confused:

I have a Dish 322 that I purchased off eBay, and as I expected -- it came sans separator. I've already purchased a separator, but in the mean time -- is there anything I can do with it until it arrives?

I already called Dish and they've activated it; I have my single coax from the DP34 switch running into Satellite 1, and it doesn't work.

Being curious, what would running another coax from the 322 to the switch do?:confused:

Running a second coax would (almost) certainly work--the point of the seperator is to allow using one coax instead of 2. What kind of switch do you have?

If you have a DP34 set up you NEED to have 2 lines

Only the DPPTwin and the DPP44 switch will allow the separator to work

Running a second coax would (almost) certainly work--the point of the seperator is to allow using one coax instead of 2. What kind of switch do you have?
I have a DP34 switch, I know a separator is required in my setup -- I'm just wondering what's inside a separator that makes it so special.

Wait, what? I've been told I either have a DP44 and run one line to the 322's Sat1 input, or in the case of a DP34 -- I run the line through the separator and occupy both tuner inputs.

I currently have Sat2 occupied, and I'm able to watch on TV1 after running Check Switch. If I occupy Sat1, only TV2 gets signal. :confused::confused::confused:

Also, Iceberg -- your icon eats into my soul. It's creepy.:(

The DPP44 will allow you to use a separator. A DP34 WILL NOT WORK with the separator.

It has to do with DishPro & DishProPlus technology. DishProPlus allows you to use both tuners with a separator because it combines 110 & 119 all on one line to the box. DishPro will not do that. If you try it and select a channel on 110 and one on 119 they will clash.

If you keep the DP34 switch, you need to run two lines

from DishNetwork's tech portal on how to hook up a DP34 to receivers...note the 2 lines to the dual tuner receiver ;)

Attachments

• dp34_03.jpg
    dp34_03.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 197
from DishNetwork's tech portal on how to hook up a DP34 to receivers...note the 2 lines to the dual tuner receiver ;)

Oh, it wasn't that I was doubting you -- I was just relaying what the Dish rep told me. He told me I would need a seperator 'no matter what on the DP34'. :(

Also, here's a screenshot in case it matters -- with a single coax attached to tuner input #2.
dp322.jpg

Iceberg is correct here. A DP34 will NOT work with a seperator. A dish 1000.2 will also work with seperators along with a DPP44 and DPP twin.

Iceberg is correct here. A DP34 will NOT work with a seperator. A dish 1000.2 will also work with seperators along with a DPP44 and DPP twin.

Yeah, yeah I got it -- the Dish rep made me buy a $8.50 item I didn't need.

I live in an apartment, so all I have to do is get some coax and throw it out the window. Which is currently what I'm doing right now.

It passed Check Switch, downloaded the program guide, and now it's happily working.

Now, I just have to clean up the cabling, and keep the cat from ripping it out the TV stand. Which brings me to my next question -- where do I get the "flat cable" kit needed to run cable through a window? Would Home Depot carry that?

Last edited:
Rule #2: Even if it sounds good. See Rule #1

Rule #3 : ???
Rule #4 : Profit!

Anyway, back on topic -- while I wait for my UHF remote and antenna to ship -- is there anything I can't do on the TV2 side? Am I still able to run Point Dish, Check Switch, etc? Because I plan to have TV1 attached to my Slingbox, and TV2 attached to my TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)