Both Hoppers need Slings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

locoham

Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
NC
Is there a need for both hoppers to be equipped with a sling if the hoppers are able to communicate with each other?

Thanks

Kent

There is not a need for a sling at all unless you want to watch something off of the Hoppers remotely. If it's all in-house, the Hoppers talk to each other quite well.....

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking of accessing remotely. Since the Hoppers with communicate with each other, are you able to access the recorded programming on the non-sling hopper via the hopper with sling?

Thanks again

Each Hopper needs sling. For example, I have a HWS that I could see fine away from home with the app, but the second Hopper without sling could not be seen or watched. I had to install an adapter.

It's kind of misleading. You can see the content and actually watch it on the hopper w/ sling. If you have a hopper w/out sling, you can see the content on it, but if you try to watch anything it says "hey, you need a sling adapter to do that". The first time I tried it I thought "alright, I can play stuff on the hopper 2000 too" and at the last second, it said no.

Another point to consider. The Sling model has better/faster hardware. It has been noted on this forum that the speed improvements in the UI are quite noticeable. Even if you don't need sling it is worth getting the sling model just for the improved performance.

I can see both hoppers, but only play from the HWS.

On my Mac, at the Dish Anywhere site, it only shows the HWS. This is odd as it used to show both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)