Bought a TIVO off ebay.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I just bought a Hughes SD DVR TIVO Series 2,, 70 hour DVR for my daughters room. This way I don't have to worry about upgrade commitments. Does anyone still have one of these? ,and do you like it? I was going to get her a 10 250 ,but whats the point if Mpeg 2 HD is going away, Plus they were a little more money. I paid About $60 for it including shipping. Any thoughs or worries would be great to hear. Thanks:)

I have had one of these for years (it was the first DVR I got from Directv) and have never had an issue with it. It should be perfect for your daughter's room.

I have had one of these for years (it was the first DVR I got from Directv) and have never had an issue with it. It should be perfect for your daughter's room.
I've been hearing good things about them, I may give her my R16 and Keep the TiVo for my bedroom if its better. I've seen that people can upgrade the hard drive space on these as well.

Can they upgrade it to 110 hours for less then $100? I can!
I can't say I've priced them for ages. I bought a kit from them about 5 years ago for my stand-alone Tivo and was very happy with it. It included the hard drive, an internal mount, an extra cooling fan, etc.

It can definitely be done for cheaper, but I was very happy with the full kit myself.

I just bought a Hughes SD DVR TIVO Series 2,, 70 hour DVR for my daughters room. This way I don't have to worry about upgrade commitments. Does anyone still have one of these? ,and do you like it? I was going to get her a 10 250 ,but whats the point if Mpeg 2 HD is going away, Plus they were a little more money. I paid About $60 for it including shipping. Any thoughs or worries would be great to hear. Thanks:)

that's about what i paid for my hr10 from ebay. i don't care about the hd. it has the large hard drive for sd and/or i can use it for ota. to answer your question, i have a hughes series 2 35 hr model unit and a samsung 70 hr unit. had no problems with either.

I'm looking foward to trying it. If its as great as I hear. I may get a 2nd one and Drop the R16. I'm not to impressed with that R16 DVR. It acts to much like my H20 did.

I can't say I've priced them for ages. I bought a kit from them about 5 years ago for my stand-alone Tivo and was very happy with it. It included the hard drive, an internal mount, an extra cooling fan, etc.

It can definitely be done for cheaper, but I was very happy with the full kit myself.
I saw thier upgrades and prices, I'll give weaknees a look for sure, once I make sure my Receiver is in proper working order.

You can upgrade it yourself with mfstools for the price of a larger hard drive, which is pretty low these days. I have a (deactivated) HDVR2 which I upgraded from 40 to 105 hours and it worked great. I'll probably sell it one of these days or pull the drive to put into an old PC.

I have a Samsung 70 Hr DTIVO and I love it. I also have three R-15s, but I am no way impressed with them. My DTIVO is my main DVR, the others just record stuff that conflicts with programs already set on my DTIVO.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts