This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bought an h25 reciever and need to know what dish to use?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

amazonman481

Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Indiana
I just found an H25 receiver cheap and i have a SL3 slimline dish (SL3S4NR2-03) and was wondering if it would work. i have heard rumors it will not. I have also been told I would just need to put a SWM power-inserter in and would be ok.

Thanks for your help

The H25 does require a SWM set up, so you'll need the Power Inserter and SWM splitter if using more than 1 recvr.

The SL3 should work if it has the SWM LNB

What does the last half of that designate ?

SL3S**, or in the OP's case SL3S4NR2-03
Does the last part mean anything particular ?

When you put that number into a search at a ordering site (SS) the result comes up with nothing.
If you search for SL3 you get the dish.

Just asking.

to Satelliteguys!

If you aren't getting the H25 from a vendor, call Directv and confirm with the receiver identification number that it's owned and not leased. If someone else got it as a lease, you won't be able to activate it.

to Satelliteguys!

If you aren't getting the H25 from a vendor, call Directv and confirm with the receiver identification number that it's owned and not leased. If someone else got it as a lease, you won't be able to activate it.

Thanks Chip, I meant to mention that and forgot.

to Satelliteguys!

I have yet to see the H25's for sale outright, I would think it's a lease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.