bought hopper 3

JM43

Original poster
Feb 27, 2016
MN
I bought a hopper 3, Joey 2.0 and Joey 4k. I activated them today with no problem. After everything was up and going on my account it says they are leased instead of owned and all they do is give me the run around saying the hopper 3 is not supposed to be sold. You sure can buy them at a lot of places now for something that can not be sold.

I bought a hopper 3, Joey 2.0 and Joey 4k. I activated them today with no problem. After everything was up and going on my account it says they are leased instead of owned and all they do is give me the run around saying the hopper 3 is not supposed to be sold. You sure can buy them at a lot of places now for something that can not be sold.
Contact DIRT. They are going to ask you to fax your equipment receipt and then they will fix it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes contact DIRT. I had the same problem several years back and it took me about a year to get it fixed. I just installed my new Hopper 3 and when I activated it and checked my account it showed it is purchased. You may need to send a copy of the sails receipt.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Yes I have talked to dish 4 times now and I just get the run around. Everyone gives me a different story. The last one told me to fax receipt and then when I said to where they said well we can not do that anymore. I have owned my equipment for many years with no problems and now all I get is a bunch of BS and just keeps getting deeper.

Hi JM43, welcome to SatelliteGuys. Like others have said, contact a member of DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team). They are listed in RED on the main forums pages under "Helpers Online Now". They will get your situation straightened out.

Like the other response said try talking to the DIRT team when they are on line. If your able to scan
the receipt attach it to the PM (Conversation) so they have all of the documentation.

When I went to activate my Hopper 3 a couple of weeks ago I gave the customer service rep
my receiver number and card number from the screen. The first thing she said was I can't activate it that there
is a lot more hardware to be installed. As soon as she said that "I said Installed the receiver my self and..." and
before I could finish my statement she no problem and activated the Hopper 3 right then and there. And in the
My Equipment screen of the My Dish site it shows my Hopper 3 as purchased.

But since you have gotten the run around contact the DIRT team to see if they can help you out.

Good luck.

Hopper 3 folder?

Hopper Go Date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts