Hopper 3 folder?

Bluewrx2001

Original poster
Aug 16, 2014
If you create a folder for recordings can that folder be sorted by title ?
The current hopper cannot do this.
I currently have 2 hoppers one in main house other in a In law appt. I like having recordings separate. If I want new hopper I can only have one and would have to share its hard drive.

If you create a folder for recordings can that folder be sorted by title ?
The current hopper cannot do this.
I currently have 2 hoppers one in main house other in a In law appt. I like having recordings separate. If I want new hopper I can only have one and would have to share its hard drive.
I don't know about the Hopper 3, but I downloaded the Carbon UI to my Hopper 2 and it now has the recordings sorted by title in all of my folders. I assume that the Hopper 3 now works this way too. This is a great improvement and is something that I have been wanting.

I don't know about the Hopper 3, but I downloaded the Carbon UI to my Hopper 2 and it now has the recordings sorted by title in all of my folders. I assume that the Hopper 3 now works this way too. This is a great improvement and is something that I have been wanting.
How do you download it to hopper 2 ?
or will it just update overnight on its own

Sorted by title, or GROUPED by title? Makes a big difference in deciding if we can go from His & Hers Hoppers to one Hopper3 with His and Hers folders...

Recordings in a folder are now automatically grouped by title, and you have the option of sorting "A-Z" or "Recorded Date".
Even if you make sub folders?
Current hopper can do that just not if you make sub folder like one folder named kids and other adult

The answer is still the same as the last time you asked. All recordings are grouped by title and that cannot be changed.

Reactions: JSheridan
The answer is still the same as the last time you asked. All recordings are grouped by title and that cannot be changed.
And you are so wrong.... You can change Title (A..Z) to Recorded Date by pressing DVR, Options, Sort..... That will sort the tiles by most recently recorded first on down. Not sure about folders, except No Folders, because I don't use them.

And you are so wrong.... You can change Title (A..Z) to Recorded Date by pressing DVR, Options, Sort..... That will sort the tiles by most recently recorded first on down. Not sure about folders, except No Folders, because I don't use them.
It will still group all of the same show together.

If you have more than one episode of a show, yes, that is correct. Single recordings are shown by recording time if you are sorted that way.
And THAT is the posters question, he doesn't like episodes of the same program grouped together (which cannot be changed) he wants them separated by record date just like different (single) shows are.

Why was that so hard for you to understand.

And THAT is the posters question, he doesn't like episodes of the same program grouped together (which cannot be changed) he wants them separated by record date just like different (single) shows are.

Why was that so hard for you to understand.
you are right on what I would like to do , I've given up on that. SO PEACE GUYS

I would like to get my recordings out of folders and let each be on its own in the order they were recorded but hopper 3 won't let me
If you are thinking that the episodes grouped together under a program name are a "folder" then no, you can't change that. Real "Folders" are something you create and you either move recordings to them, or in "timers", you direct new recordings to default to those created folders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)