bout ready to dump dish.

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
it appears that dish wants to punish us people who only has the top 100 programming. We lost court tv, gained CD music (oh whoopy), lost RFD, lost other channels to the 200 or 250 channels. Dish says well upgrade to the 200 channel for your court tv, yeah right pay 13 more dollars a month for court tv channel. there is nothing on the 200 we want to watch since they got rid of the lifetime channels on the 200. I install dish but seriously thinking of going to direct TV. I have no use for DVR or HD but I like my court tv and RFD. I bet within a year there will be nothing on the 100 package but Shopping networks, infomercials, CD music and news channels. Bite me dish.

Court TV and RFD TV were moved to different reasons, Court TV is changing it's format and negotiated a contract accordingly where RFD TV had is designation changed. Dish moved both due to the changes made, they did not initiate them. Thinking Dish did these changes to mess with the AT100 customers is laughable.

it appears that dish wants to punish us people who only has the top 100 programming. We lost court tv, gained CD music (oh whoopy), lost RFD, lost other channels to the 200 or 250 channels. Dish says well upgrade to the 200 channel for your court tv, yeah right pay 13 more dollars a month for court tv channel. there is nothing on the 200 we want to watch since they got rid of the lifetime channels on the 200. I install dish but seriously thinking of going to direct TV. I have no use for DVR or HD but I like my court tv and RFD. I bet within a year there will be nothing on the 100 package but Shopping networks, infomercials, CD music and news channels. Bite me dish.

Tell me where you get more for for money? Still the best deal on television.

See Ya!

There sure do seem to be a lot of DirecTV shills on here recently. "I gotta have my RFD TV?" :)

BTW, RFD TV was carried because it was a Public Interest (PI) channel. Due to a recent court decision it is no longer a PI channel. So don't be shocked if it is moved / removed on DirecTV as well.

Last edited:
Well, I believe another post (by Scott), said you could drop down to Dish Family and get RFD-TV. So that should meet your needs and be cheaper; since I feel Court-TV is mostly reruns, or re-reruns (I skip past it sometimes between HNN and TWC - the only 2 channels anyone really needs :D.)

Well, I believe another post (by Scott), said you could drop down to Dish Family and get RFD-TV. So that should meet your needs and be cheaper; since I feel Court-TV is mostly reruns, or re-reruns (I skip past it sometimes between HNN and TWC - the only 2 channels anyone really needs :D.)
RFD was in DISH Family because it was PI, are you sure it is still going to be available?:)

I'm not a big fan of RFDtv, but you would be supprised how many people get dish and that is the main reason. I did installs with a local retailer who is a good friend. A lot of farmers and 'ole timers love it. This could bite dish a little. So don't be so quick to be an a s s and say "bye" just because that channel is not important to you. What if Dish moved your fav channel up to a higher package that you had no use for? There are alot of folks with limited income and ever dollar counts and want pay out "just a few more bucks" to get the channel back. Yes RFD changed from PI, but dish could have left it in all packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)