Daylight Savings & the 501/508/510

David_Levin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Denver, Co
Looks like the old problem is back...

On Sunday the EPG shows the 10pm news starting at 9. A timer for Sunday or later created based on the incorrect EPG will likely not fire correctly.

This is the same problem we'd been dealing with for years. Seems like it finally got fixed around a year ago when the EPG became SDT/DST aware (the guide would either skip the 1am hour or the 1am hour would be listed twice). Seems the new DST schedule didn't make it into 366.

I wonder if we'll have problems again in 3 weeks (when DST used to happen).

So word or waring - check your timers Sunday Morning.

Name-Based-Recording PVRs should be ok even if the gude is messed up. Other Non-NBR users should be careful too (721/921 etc).

Yes, the guide will switch, but timers created from the (currently incorrect) quide may not.

This problem didn't get fixed until the EPG became DST aware. Which this time, it doesn't seem to be.

Just realized Dish has released a 366 and 367 for the 50x.

Perhaps someone with 367 can take a look at the EPG for Sunday and see if it's correct.

I noticed that the 522/625 receivers have also adjusted themselves as well for the daylight savings. There should be nothing to worry about unless you do not let the EPG update at night.

As I expected, the timer I created on Sat (while the guide was incorrect) to record the 10pm News Sunday fired at 9 (I got the apprentice). The PVR screen listed "10 PM News".

Last time for the week prior the 510 was aware of the change and corrected the EPG. Things could get interesting if this function is part of the 510 software and not based on the incoming data stream.

Have to keep an eye on all devices that supposedly auto-correct for DST. Things might get iffy (again) 3 weeks from now.

My Windows Mobile 2003 SE PDA didn't auto-correct the clock even though I had applied the MS patch. Calender seems ok though. Other people reported that appointments were 1 hour off.

My timers for Sunday worked fine but this morning they were all off by an hour(fired too early!). i suggest everyone keep an eye on their timers.

All of my timers moved earlier. I had one set for 4 and it started recording the local news a 12. All of them moved to 2 or 3 hours earlier. They are also now recording for only 59 minutes. My 501 may not be long for this world.

Each time I do a reset, it subtracts one hour from the timers !

My guess is that this was supposed to occur only once, but mistakenly is being implemented repeatedly.

All of my timers moved earlier. I had one set for 4 and it started recording the local news a 12. All of them moved to 2 or 3 hours earlier. They are also now recording for only 59 minutes. My 501 may not be long for this world.

Same here, every event has had to be deleted, most are 3 hours off. So if a reset does take an hour off each time I'm screwed.

Maybe Timezones affect the amount off? I'm in CST

The EPG showed that 24 was to come on at 7pm, timer was set to 8pm, but recorded at 5pm.

My 501 may not be long for this world.
It's not your hardware, it's buggy software designed to make Dish more money. IMHO we should all get at least 1 month free for the trouble they have caused. I too have a 501 and it recorded a program this morning 1 hour too early, and stopped recording 1 minute early. The hour(s)-early bug is due to the DST firmware not yet downloaded. The 1-minute-short bug, along with the delete-your-favorite-program bug, is due to the VOD crap that we 501 owners don't "enjoy".

Mine is all messed up. I've never had an issue with it. Also now when I do a system reboot it sets all the times back 2 hours. It's stupid. Not reliable if the power goes out I'm gonna get shows recorded 2 hours before what I want to watch comes on. <rolls eyes>

Mine is all messed up. I've never had an issue with it. Also now when I do a system reboot it sets all the times back 2 hours. It's stupid. Not reliable if the power goes out I'm gonna get shows recorded 2 hours before what I want to watch comes on. <rolls eyes>

set for 3 hours before and after! DISH FUBAR'ed them real good.

Someone posted after call to Dish - each reboot add 1 hour !

Also - Spooling today:

PID: 0861h, ID: 6USD, FW: P368, Model: PVR501.34318843-36860218, 39750000-53413907, 60399000-64350065
PID: 0869h, ID: 6VSD, FW: P368, Model: PVR501.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)