Daylight Savings & the 501/508/510

Received P368 just now, which fixed the problem with the timers being moved one hour earlier each time the receiver was rebooted.
(One will still have to edit the timers to fix them, but after receiving P368, those timers will stay at the same times).

Received P368 just now, which fixed the problem with the timers being moved one hour earlier each time the receiver was rebooted.
(One will still have to edit the timers to fix them, but after receiving P368, those timers will stay at the same times).
hmm. CSR's don't know nothing they told me it would be a couple of days. :rolleyes: Feels good to have a DVR that works now. I missed everything on Tuesday it recorded things 2 hours before my set times. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We've had numerous problems with our 501 & 508 receivers over the past 30+ days. Of the five DVRs we have, four have frozen up or done unexpectred resets as a result of touching the remote. The resets can flash up a green, pink or grey screen and today we got a multi-colored one. They don't always reset automatically but usually the green and pink ones do and sometimes the grey screen does. It can happen by backing up ten seconds or pressing pause on a live or recorded program. It can also happen when you start to watch a recorded program. After the reset, the recorded program shows Resume or Start Over, not just Start but so far, you don't see any of it before it resets. Sometimes after one of these automated resets, recorded shows that we had partially watched, start over when you select resume even though before you select resume it may tell you are 20 minutes into the show.

We are averaging close to one reset a day if we are actively watching TV, sometimes more. Each time a receiver resets, since daylight savings time started, it shifts the programmed record time back an hour. I have receivers that are off any where from 1, 2, 3, 4 and now 5 or 6 hours off on the recurring programming we have set up.

Dish tells me these are known software problems and refuses to send out new receivers or any more techs. The techs have been out six times in the last 45 days. They say they are working on getting a fix out but I've been told that for weeks. I understand the newer receivers aren't ahving this problem but they refused to send me out receivers that work.

They don't seem to want to provide a credit either since "I'm not paying for the DVR service, {a monthly fee}. Someone did offer me a $10 courtesy credit today. Is anyone else seeing this level of problems? I'm thinking of callign Direct TV. Are they any better?

I'm almost afraid to touch a remote when the receivers are recording because I never know when they are going to reset again.

I'd love to hear from anyone else having this problem. sgaylord@ntin.net.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)