Box in another location hookup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When anyone plugs a dishcom box in at a non legit location a neighbors dishcom box can find and report the infraction if the neighbors box is plugged into phone or internet.....

Bob Haller said:
When anyone plugs a dishcom box in at a non legit location a neighbors dishcom box can find and report the infraction if the neighbors box is plugged into phone or internet.....

Only if you're stealing electricity from said neighbor; the boxes can't read anything past their own circuit.

Only if you're stealing electricity from said neighbor; the boxes can't read anything past their own circuit.

nope its to the nearest transformer. thus my 722 finding a neighbors box over the power line.

when the power company completed the neighborhood upgrade splitting the street into may transformers that box disappered. they are on a different transformer

admittly dish com isnt reliable but it might get a call from audit

Not sure why this thread is still alive... but just to clear something up, the box I'm going to put at another location doesn't have Dishcom so this is a mute issue.

I recommend nobody hook up a phone line or ethernet to a Dish Network receiver since it only causes hardship in the long run and is a complete waste of time and money (for those that buy pay per views).

Bob Haller said:
nope its to the nearest transformer. thus my 722 finding a neighbors box over the power line.

when the power company completed the neighborhood upgrade splitting the street into may transformers that box disappered. they are on a different transformer

admittly dish com isnt reliable but it might get a call from audit

I could never get my homeplug devices to talk beyond the breaker box.
But if you're bleeding network traffic through the transformer, you're also bleeding power. I'd guess the upgrade would have been intended to fix that, at least in part.

They do shut them off all the time without verification. Even if they give you an audit and you pass it, they can and will shut down a receiver added to your account if you do it too soon after you had an audit. They do whatever they want to do.

I have had people tell me that nobody contacted them regarding this, that they just got shut off while Dish Network states that they tried to reach the customer several times. Some people may think they are telemarketers or a scammer or do not recognize the phone number. Perhaps there was no voice message left with the customer in some situations.

They need a better solution in my opinion instead of harassing customers.

I agree that it is a bad system, but unless they catch you with your pants down or you have been suspected and audited before, in theory, you can see that they are calling, not answer, and bring the box back home to pass the verification. If they want to shut off receivers after one missed phone call then they deserve to lose every customer they have.

Most reports I've read complain that they can't get DishComm to work across to the other leg in their own home, much less to a neighbor's.

For remotely watching, I suggest you look closely at the Sling technology. Just avoid all the troubles.

Under just the right conditions, HomePlug may survive going beyond your power meter.

Reports that Homeplug can't jump to other circuits are baloney. In most cases, Homeplug has little difficulty jumping to the other side of 220VAC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts