Box in La and A Box In Mexico?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bowana

Original poster
Sep 6, 2004
Mexico.
I have a Dish Net Box at my House In LA and a Couple in Mexico at my house.
Dish hase called me In Mexico on my vonage phone and says they want to do a soft update on all my Boxes at one time, on the phone or they are going to turn me off!!!
I wase thinking of calling them back from Mex. and talking making it a thre party call i wonder if thise might work???

That sounds like an audit and yes, they are going to turn you off because you are stacking.....

seperate the the two accounts now. you will have to lose the ones in mexico, but you might be able to keep LA. then again, it might be too late.

you could try a three way call but in the end you could have all boxes except the original blacklisted. they will check tel IPs to see where you are calling from , they will use google earth to see where your address is showing.. if you used a fake address such as a warehouse...they have a lot at there disposal...stacking has its risks.

won't work. once they have you on the phone, you aren't allowed to talk to anyone else. if you do they shut all off except whatever one is listed as main.

He might have a chance. According to the television show 24, everywhere is within a 20 minute drive from LA. He'll just need to stall a little. Tell them you are walking through a tunnel or something.

Otherwise, complete bonage.

He might have a chance. According to the television show 24, everywhere is within a 20 minute drive from LA. He'll just need to stall a little. Tell them you are walking through a tunnel or something.

Otherwise, complete bonage.

Jeebus, get all the receivers in LA and then call back. That's about you're only chance of avoiding pwnage.

This is not what you are going to want to hear, but I only have one receiver, which I take with me when I head to Mexico. That way they can not accuse me of stacking.

Mechanicman stated that DISH can check your IP # when you are phoning. Please tell me how that's done. It's real easy for the moderator here to check my IP # because I'm on my computer communicating with the forum. And with most forum software my IP # will be shown below my name.

But were I to phone using Voice over Internet Protocol, are you telling me that someone receiving my phone call at where ever can have a caller ID that shows an IP #. I'm no expert, but I don't think so. All they could ID was the telephone number my VoIP phone was registered under. And mine has a Seattle area code be I in central Mexico, or here in Seattle

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)