Would like to upgrade my 301 receivers (Dish It Up) ?

Boba Fett

Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
I have been a customer since 2004 and have 301 receivers with Top 200 (no locals) $49.99 and a 2nd receiver $7.00 = $56.99. If I upgrade to two HD receivers with Top 200, no DVR and no locals will I pay the same amount ($56.99) ? Is there another way I can lower my bill with new equipment for 2 TV's ? Thanks for any help !

So what about Duo VIP 222k ? Will I be charge $7 ?

Can you give me an idea how much should I expect to pay for DISH IT UP upgrade ? Thanks.

If you go to one receiver (single or dual tuner) that is included in the package so no extra receiver fee

Here is one thought...will they force you to take a package with locals now since locals are now in each package?

I would buy two 211ks for $100 each and install yourself. Add them to your account and then deactivate the 301s. No commitment and no tech visit required.

Only problem might be that you have the wrong dish for HD.

Cheapest route would be to upgrade to a 222 if you don't care to have a DVR. You won't have an extra $7 monthly fee and the upgrade includes the new receiver, dish antenna, and the installation.

I just had a similar situation. I had two owned 301's and one of those died. I am Top 120 without locals (Salisbury, MD DMA). Called about dish'n it up. They told me $50 and a two year commitment for a 222k (I wanted a receiver with an OTA tuner) and a tech had to do the install. I ended up buying my own 211k so I could upgrade it to a DVR. When I added the new receiver I did not have to add locals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts