Boxes reboot on thier own 8300 and 2100

kjpjr

Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
I have two boxes -- an 8300HD DVR and a 2100. Both boxes will reboot on their own. There seems to be no reason for the reboots. The 8300 does it a lot more than the 2100 but we watch that TV a lot more. The 8300 did a reboot 4 times in the last two days. That is more than normal. The TW solution is to swap out the boxes. We have done that many times. The problem continues. The tech guys come and go and can find nothing wrong. The last guy told me I had a bad ground outside and he fixed it, the time before I had the 8300 in a bad plug in my house and if I changed it it would fix it. The time before that it was because I had a splitter to my VCR and that was the problem (I removed the splitter for a few months no changes) This has been going on for about 2 years. Anyone have any ideas? I can't have a dish or TW would be long gone so that is not an option.:mad:

I would have an electrition come to your house and inspect your power outlets. Because if after so many boxs they still do it, sounds to be you have a powering issue. Do you have any problems with lights dimming sometimes or, what exactly are you doing when they reboot. Do you turn on the washer? or the microwave? Their has to be a common denominatior somewhere in the mix. The cable company can only check for signal to the box, if thats good install a new box. They cannot be responsible for troubleshooting your house for phantoms.. So lets try to help them out and figure out. When/what is going on when they reboot then maybe we can find the root of the problem. and also if they reboot at the same times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)