Boxing back on broadcast!!

That is good for the sport but Boxing has been dead for years and maybe this will revive it :)

Well ufc has a fan base of 15-34 and boxing has a fan base of 30 and up. I watch both but I use to box a bit and I do like a good no holding boxing match over mma anyday, a nice standing boxing kickboxing style mma ain't bad, I guess you have to know or have done some wrestling to enjoy the ground stuff.

NBC - Dec 22
4PM ET/1PM PT
Tomasz Adamek vs.
Steve Cunningham
(heavyweight)

I love wrestling - on my way to tape a dual HS meet in a few.
I love Karate/Judo
I really love boxing.

Putting them all together is crap! I can't stand MMA and don't understand how people consider it an art form. It is brawling.

Good to see boxing on broadcast.

I Might sound sexist, but I only watch the Female fighters and with strikeforce folding will probably stop that...
UFC is picking up the Female Fighters and Ronda Rousey is headling UFC 157 .....UFC News: First female fight/main event in company history
UFC has announced that the main event of the UFC 157 pay-per-view will be Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche. Read more: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/277481-UFC/page8 UFC 157 fight card and rumors for 'Rousey vs. Carmouche' on Feb. 23 in Anaheim http://www.mmamania.com/2012/12/20/...rumors-rousey-vs-carmouche-feb-23-anaheim-mma UFC 157 - Rousey vs. Carmouche....Ultimate Fighting Championship...Feb 23, 2013 http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-157-Rousey-vs-Carmouche-26381 :)

Last edited:
What about nude female mud wrestling, that would be very nice to watch :) Don't think we would see it on cbs and nbc though lol, maybe in Canada though cbc haha. Americans are scared of tits or something, while we have topless news reporters walking around Toronto, I love it :)

What about nude female mud wrestling, that would be very nice to watch :) Don't think we would see it on cbs and nbc though lol, maybe in Canada though cbc haha. Americans are scared of tits or something, while we have topless news reporters walking around Toronto, I love it :)

I'm not so sure Naked News qualifies as a news outlet!

I like how CBS picked up the early preliminary fights prior to the key undercard and main events being show on Showtime Boxing. I hope this continues, but CBS has a history of not sticking with boxing and MMA in recent years.

I like how CBS picked up the early preliminary fights prior to the key undercard and main events being show on Showtime Boxing. I hope this continues, but CBS has a history of not sticking with boxing and MMA in recent years.

So true :)

Well since it has been 15 years between the last broadcast boxing and these new shows, I guess you could say 'recent'... :)

I'm hoping that now that both CBS and NBC have had these one-offs, that they got enough viewers to keep doing it.

For those that like boxing, well CBS has it on today (4/20/2013)

Looks like the last time. CBS starting with the undercard, Sho Extreme picking up where CBS leaves off with more of the undercard, and Showtime showing the main events.

Check your listings for the time and such. For E* customers, the Showtime Extreme listing is incorrect and shows as not new nor even as the undercard for the main event, so if you want to record you'll need to force the recording.

You betcha!! Just finished watching HBO's entries tonight. Great fights!

Can't wait until tomorrow to watch SHO's entries, they look to be equally excellent.

Seems odd that a 'dying sport' is getting so much coverage these days!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)