Braves games on Fox Sports South/SportSouth

Here is the latest update:

While DISH has an existing relationship to carry FOX Sports South and SportSouth, we have not yet been able to reach an agreement to carry a limited number of the Atlanta Braves games within the Atlanta market. FOX Sports is asking DISH to pay a significant local surcharge for Braves fans in Atlanta.

Zach, what about Angels on FS West? Is Dish carrying all the games at this point? I know there was an issue in 2012...not sure if it has been resolved.

Today's game vs. Washington is not blacked out on FSS. It's either a fluke or an agreement has been reached.

Today's game vs. Washington is not blacked out on FSS. It's either a fluke or an agreement has been reached.

They did have an agreement to carry some of the games last year, just not all. They had scroll bars on the bottom last year stating that Dish customers would not get all games and should change providers. If that scroll bar is gone, then they might have reached some agreement.

Just got off the phone with Dish...no FSS Braves games...still havent come to an agreement. They gave me another 10mos of $15 discount per mo...they said they would rather give the customer the money than FSS. Still dont like it ...second season now with this :mad:

I give up. For now I am using a workaround MLB.TV and unblock-us, but why pay more to get what I'm already paying for?

I have not seen an amount. I believe it was reported last year that when dish negotiated contracts with Peachtree Tv and with the Fox Sports South networks, The Peachtree contract was a given amount per month, the Fox contract had a base, plus an additional amount per Braves game. Peachtree sold their rights to Fox. For Dish Peachtree is now less valuable, but they are paying the same as before. Fox now has more games, but Dish would probably say that it is not as valuable as the per game rate for that number of games.

I have not seen any detailed information from either side. I would bet that Dish feels that they negotiated rates under one set of circumstances and then PTTV and Fox yanked those circumstances out from under them.

I am a luke-warm Braves fan. I enjoy watching games occasionally. Not having the game available does not bother me, I can do plenty of other things if it isn't available. I do understand that some people are upset, and I am not attempting to say that they shouldn't be. I am just saying that it really does not matter to me.

OK now tonights game on FSS is blacked out, but it is also on MLB ch 152 and that is also blacked out. :wtf:...if I cant watch it on FSS then why keep me from MLB...this has got to stop. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)