Breaking: DIRECTV to Carry SportsNet LA

I still got a poster in my office when Top 120 was Top 40 and was $19.99
dish-network-packages.jpg
those were the days eh

I think iirc, when I started with D*, my bill was $40. p/m
Of course, I did my own set up.

Looking back I remember when I first saw the display at Best Buy (around 1994-95) and I thought it was the most incredible thing ( no broadband yet), all those channels for $30 a month ( and I had to pay another company to get the East and West Coast networks), could not wait till I got home and hook it up ( took 2 days).

Now, no big thing, while there are more channels, the majority of them show nothing but reruns, even some channels share the same shows, just not worth the price anymore.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Ahh yes. USSB
when i first switcted to dtv my house was serviced by the two.. directv and ussb.. the picture was far superior to cable. there marketing was all about there superior picture and compact disc quality sound and that they had a 100% digital signal. then dtv and ussb merged or one bought one out. then dtv bought out primestar and now we have the mess we have today :( :coco

Reactions: dtv757
when i first switcted to dtv my house was serviced by the two.. directv and ussb.. the picture was far superior to cable. there marketing was all about there superior picture and compact disc quality sound and that they had a 100% digital signal. then dtv and ussb merged or one bought one out. then dtv bought out primestar and now we have the mess we have today :( :coco
Off (the original ) topic but I say DirecTV picture is still better than cable . I watched an NBA game.via DirecTV and cox and DirecTV picture was much better .

Cox it was a lot of motion blur.

Back to the original topic .. I though I read somewhere that we were getting the lakers channel as well ...??

Disregard just read its 2 different networks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Off (the original ) topic but I say DirecTV picture is still better than cable . I watched an NBA game.via DirecTV and cox and DirecTV picture was much better .

Cox it was a lot of motion blur.

Back to the original topic .. I though I read somewhere that we were getting the lakers channel as well ...??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
i thought we had the lakers channel??? we have rectum cable and there's alot of motion blur macro blocking high action motion blur pixelizing. the cable in my house is shot and signal levels are all over the place and they want to start the process all over again to see whats wrong. i told them what was wrong. and that's been going on for 3 years i gave em the 2 middle fingers and canceled.

i would say streaming has the best PQ depending on the provider. most dont have good high speed internet in some spots or they have data caps. dtv comes in second place in PQ over cable then an OTA antenna. cable is the worst way to watch tv.. ever wonder why there getting into cell phones and internet. because there video service is dying. i would take DTV anyday over the cable co's i love the PQ!!!

We have both of the Sprectrum channels - Sprectrum Sportsnet (Lakers, 691) and Spectrum Sportsnet LA (Dodgers, 690). We used to have Spectrum Deportes (470 I think), too, but that folded.

On what planet does streaming have the best PQ? It's always washed out and will pause for buffering, especially if you try to watch the "4K" version of something. Directv has the best PQ, just regular HD.

We have both of the Sprectrum channels - Sprectrum Sportsnet (Lakers, 691) and Spectrum Sportsnet LA (Dodgers, 690). We used to have Spectrum Deportes (470 I think), too, but that folded.

On what planet does streaming have the best PQ? It's always washed out and will pause for buffering, especially if you try to watch the "4K" version of something. Directv has the best PQ, just regular HD.
IF you have enough bandwidth AND the event is shot with good 4k equipment it will look great streaming .... then again it would also look great on D* ...

Alot depends on how the event was shot to start with.

I've seen some 4k stuff look STUNNING, while other 4k stuff looks like crap.

Reactions: krynn
Looking back I remember when I first saw the display at Best Buy (around 1994-95) and I thought it was the most incredible thing ( no broadband yet), all those channels for $30 a month ( and I had to pay another company to get the East and West Coast networks), could not wait till I got home and hook it up ( took 2 days).

Now, no big thing, while there are more channels, the majority of them show nothing but reruns, even some channels share the same shows, just not worth the price anymore.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
i remember seeing a display at circuit city.. the sales rep told me that one day they would be giving the systems away...

IF you have enough bandwidth AND the event is shot with good 4k equipment it will look great streaming .... then again it would also look great on D* ...

Alot depends on how the event was shot to start with.

I've seen some 4k stuff look STUNNING, while other 4k stuff looks like crap.
i have 4k discs that look stunning and the others look like crap no better than blu ray discs

i take that back that streaming has the best PQ. it depends on the broadcaster. i remembered that sling t.v's PQ sucked while DTV now
PQ was awsome. but sat is still better than cable!!!

I’ve been saying this for years, there are too many channels showing the same shows over and over and over again. A lot of them could combine into 1 or 2 channels and be done with it.

I’ve been saying this for years, there are too many channels showing the same shows over and over and over again. A lot of them could combine into 1 or 2 channels and be done with it.
yup!!! no one nees 6 channels of sex toys at half off no one needs another 5 channels of the bissel crosswave ect ect. i am sure it's a contract thing

i take that back that streaming has the best PQ. it depends on the broadcaster. i remembered that sling t.v's PQ sucked while DTV now
PQ was awsome. but sat is still better than cable!!!

Depends on the area and on the channel.

I have both DirecTV and Spectrum, and in my experience, with constantly switching between the two, doing an A-B comparison, the picture quality is so close most of the time it doesn't matter. Some time there is a slight edge to DirecTV, sometime there is a slight edge to Spectrum. Audio on DirecTV is louder, I wouldn't say it's better or fuller, but it's louder.

Depends on the area and on the channel.

I have both DirecTV and Spectrum, and in my experience, with constantly switching between the two, doing an A-B comparison, the picture quality is so close most of the time it doesn't matter. Some time there is a slight edge to DirecTV, sometime there is a slight edge to Spectrum. Audio on DirecTV is louder, I wouldn't say it's better or fuller, but it's louder.
i had both in my area DTV blows spectrum through the roof with PQ the audio don't sound all compressed like you said it sounds fuller.. i dunno what spectrum box you have but the world box is the worst one i have ever used with all of it's bugs and glitces in it

Anyone remember how crappy the Dish picture quality was back in the early 2000’s when they where cramming programming on 110/119

The SD looked terrible on the newer HDTV sets and you could literally see ghosting around the images in the darker scenes

i had both in my area DTV blows spectrum through the roof with PQ the audio don't sound all compressed like you said it sounds fuller.. i dunno what spectrum box you have but the world box is the worst one i have ever used with all of it's bugs and glitces in it

For Spectrum, I have both versions of the Worldbox DVR. In the living room is a 201-T running ODN Navigator and in the bedroom is a 210-T running the Spectrum Guide. My first Worldbox 2 was a 210-H, which was problematic at times, but was able to get it replaced with the Technicolor model and all has been good. My only real complaint at this point is the lack of Caller ID on TV.

The worst set top box I’ve ever used was the DirecTV HR34 after it got a couple years old and turned into molasses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts