Breaking news KOMO is Back in Seattle

happy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
Guys Dish finally has KOMO TV back on air .looks lke the fisher dispute is over.
Go Dish

KVAL in Eugene is back on also.......... but just the SD version not the HD..........Oops my bad i was on the wrong menu..... the HD is on also

I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.

I think this is funny. We saw Charlie the other night talk about Fisher, his body language and words chosen was pretty much saying "When hell freezes over they will be back." Now a couple of days later they are back? Hmmm..... did the AAD Distants have something to do with this? I 100% believe so! They saw that...checked the laws, and said "Damn! We better get our retransmission money."

I wouldn't be surprised if we see quite a few contracts signed in the next week.

There's no doubt in my mind that the AAD factor got this deal done....

For the majority of the channels though, it is only SD ... I wonder if this was a move my Fisher to say ... okay we'll give you back the SD but no HD. Because the channel is now available this now blocks AAD from giving you the HD versions ...

Time will tell I guess ... hopefully the HD versions come soon ...

For the majority of the channels though, it is only SD ... I wonder if this was a move my Fisher to say ... okay we'll give you back the SD but no HD. Because the channel is now available this now blocks AAD from giving you the HD versions ...

Time will tell I guess ... hopefully the HD versions come soon ...

There may be some infrastructure investment needed to do HD. More fiber needs leased, HD signals need uplinked and tested, etc.

Boise HD channels were launched in March 2009, so you would "think" they would have done CBS at the same time, even if there was the dispute ... the channel was in the uplink reports ... just never turned on due to the conflict. I would think all the plumbing is there ... they just need to turn it on ... but you could be right and maybe they do need to get the wiring ect done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts