Breaking News: Lesa France's husband killed in small plane crash

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
five weeks after the death of her father, former NASCAR chairman bill france jr, ISC president lesa france kennedy's husband, bruce, was killed tuesday morning when the small jet he was flying crashed into a residential area in seminole county.

details are sketchy, but the plane struck a home and either 2 or 3 homes were on fire as a result. some survivors have been taken to the hospital but there were reports of others killed beside dr. kennedy.

as if NASCAR isn't still reeling from bill jr.'s death, comes this horrible tragedy. details to follow.

ETA: She's a france like in the NASCAR france family and is also vice-president of NASCAR, as well as being president of International Speedway Corporation......for those of you who still think she's a NASCAR nobody!

Last edited:
While this is tragedy no matter who dies anywhere a plane crashes. I have never heard of him or his wife.

ah, the people here in central florida and NASCAR would beg to differ. she was president of international speedway corporation, which owns 13 NASCAR tracks across the country.

trust me, its huge here. and she just lost her father 5 weeks ago. i can't believe you people!

ah, the people here in central florida and NASCAR would beg to differ. she was president of international speedway corporation, which owns 13 NASCAR tracks across the country.

trust me, its huge here. and she just lost her father 5 weeks ago. i can't believe you people!
I was about to mention that She owns many of the tracks that NASCAR runs on ....
I never understood how it is that the family that owns NASCAR also owns the tracks, seems like a conflict somewhere ... like with other track owners that have thier races taken away so the France family can have more races at thier places and make even more money.... nothing wrong with that .....right ???

Jimbo

jimbo

NASCAR = France = Monopoly

you are absolutely correct about that. some track owners like bruton smith and humpy wheeler have been trying to break-up the above equation for years. you can see how far it has gotten them.

just like the fact the france family pays something like a dollar a year in property tax on the speedway. they are mega multi billionaires and own this town but get a sweetheart deal. trust me, some of us who live here don't like how the city bows at their feet.

that said, this is still a horrible tragedy and will be tough on the NASCAR family for awhile!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)