Breaking News: Writers Guild votes Tuesday to end strike

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
for those who are following, this just came from associated press: the WGA negotiating committee and board of directors approve new contract sunday morning. this follows after favorable response from both the east and west guild chapters saturday after a tentative deal was reached early saturday morning.

the 48-hour vote was ordered so guild members can vote to end the three month old strike. all indications point to writers returning to work as early as this wednesday (thanks for a super birthday present guys and gals :)). an official ratification vote is scheduled to take place over the next 10 days.

what this means is that many programs will be able to complete between 3 and 7 episodes to air during may sweeps. most of the fall's new programs will not order any new episodes for this season. meanwhile, the summer season remains on schedule as does the fall season.

I haven't missed network TV as much as I thought I would. But then some of the shows I watch didn't start until recently. Really missed Hero's though. Happy B-Day Iceturkee, and many, many more. I enjoy your contributions.

I haven't missed network TV as much as I thought I would. But then some of the shows I watch didn't start until recently. Really missed Hero's though. Happy B-Day Iceturkee, and many, many more. I enjoy your contributions.

I have missed network tv. Alas, I doubt we will see Heroes until September... :(

I have missed network tv. Alas, I doubt we will see Heroes until September... :(

I miss the shows they held until mid-season the most. I enjoy Medium and it looks like it only getas 6 episodes this year, while the fall shows got 11 or so.

At the rate network channels have cluttered programming with pop ups and ads lately, we, the viewers should boycott the networks and the writers for walking out on their viewers, by not watching any of their programs. Most of the programs are not worthy of viewership anyway. Greed does not make for good programming.

Does little for the rest of the season. Most programs will wait until fall.

At the rate network channels have cluttered programming with pop ups and ads lately, we, the viewers should boycott the networks and the writers for walking out on their viewers, by not watching any of their programs. Most of the programs are not worthy of viewership anyway. Greed does not make for good programming.

what you don't like 15 ad logos for "terminator" that take up half the screen every hour :rolleyes::rolleyes: , they should be sued for this crap:up

Most of the shows worth watching they canceled anyway. The nice thing about watching everything in reruns is you don't have to worry about writers strikes. Having a collection of tv series on dvd doesn't hurt either.

LOL too bad this didn't come earlier, my 3 episodes of House (plus the few in the fall) is likely all I get. Don't see them writting new episodes and playing them... Shucks

Leaves hope for a few more Lost episodes I hope...

I owe both the writers strike and HDDVD/BR battle big time. They showed me TV/movies just aren't all they're cracked up to be. Instead of watching reruns and spending ridiculous amounts of money on one-view movies, I now have a new piano and find it much more enjoyable than the old ways I use to waste my time.

Sometimes when various groups greed cuts people off from what they want, they find they don't really want it anymore. And in fact, they may even start to dislike what they thought they wanted. The choice of who is greedier in the HD battle and who deserves more money in the strike battle is left up to each individual - I find I really don't care much anymore.

There are only a few shows that I might watch if there's nothing else to do. The strike/HD battle added emphasis to "if there's nothing else to do".

24 gonna start sometime soon now?

tvguide.com has a fairly comprehensive list of what shows will be back with new episodes. and andy, i feel your pain, but word is jack won't be back until fall, maybe even january 2009! :(

rocky, paul.....thanks for the early birthday wishes! :)

i wonder if long term this will hurt the nets?

i know i have started watching other cable channels.........

long term this might hurt the nets a lot, if viewers have lost interest in their favorite shows

if you ask me sweeps should go away, the technology is there to track overall viewership easily, sweeps just muck up the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)