Breaking News: Writers Guild votes Tuesday to end strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if the rank & file (union members) aren't happy with the deal?

Long Day's Journey for the Man

Now, NBC, ORDER MORE JOURNEYMAN!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Amen!

But I'm one of the choir. Move it to a different night.

Though I doubt many who worship at the temple of the American Idol appreciate Journeyman. Have you read "The Time Traveller's Wife"?

I like Chuck and thought they would have done the "back nine" of Journeyman before Chuck.

Wait and see...

Jericho is back Tuesday at 10 pm so there may be hope for us still.

What happens if the rank & file (union members) aren't happy with the deal?

a longshot considering a. members from both chapters attending informal meetings saturday voiced their support and b. both chapters board of directors approved the deal and voted to lift the strike. the votes from guild members tuesday is to lift the strike. they will formally vote in the next 10 days to ratify.

why does there have to be a break in seasons , they just ended 4 months of No work , can they extended the season a little bit ? I mean is it really necessary to wait till end of 08 beginning 09 before start of some shows:confused:

Some TV shows have been asked to produce as many episodes as they can. These shows have told the crews etc that they will be working 6 day weeks. The 6th day is premium rates for actors, directors, crews including double "gold" hours (gold = 2X per hour rate doubled to 4 X on 6th day). The networks want to draw viewers back. Some crews will work straight thru summer with these shows, then pilots, next season 08/09 orders. But after all this time off they are looking forward to pay checks.

Amen!

Though I doubt many who worship at the temple of the American Idol appreciate Journeyman. Have you read "The Time Traveller's Wife"?

I like Chuck and thought they would have done the "back nine" of Journeyman before Chuck.

Wait and see...

I began watching Chuck and Journeyman from episode 1. Chuck is humorous, but I did not think it would last after season 1. I thought Journeyman would be on for many years as it had the potential to have a deep storyline.

I guess a dorky guy working with undercover with a hot girl who is pretending to be his g/f really drives the ratings up

Amen!

Wait and see...

what nite or time as show is on is meaningless if you have a DVR

it would be funny if the networks NEVER got the viewers back.

a 20% permanent viewer decrease, would help change the antiquated distribution system/

me i am just glad wildfire is back:)

best news i've read in a long time but THE STRIKE IS OVER. tvguide.com reporting that writers vote to lift the strike, with 92.5 percent saying yes. reports indicate that some shows could be back as soon as early to mid-march.

It's over!

The dark days of network television are drawing a close. And the writers are officially back to work today!

CNN reports:

Striking Hollywood writers are going back to work.

The Writers Guild of America said its members voted Tuesday to end their devastating, three-month strike that brought the entertainment industry to a standstill.

Writers will be back on the job Wednesday after voting in Beverly Hills and New York.

"At the end of the day, everybody won," Leslie Moonves, chief executive officer of CBS Corp., told The Associated Press.

"It was a fair deal and one that the companies can live with, and it recognizes the large contribution that writers have made to the industry."

For the full story CLICK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)