BREAKING - Univision Returns to DISH

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
The damage has been done. Any customer who actually watched these channels left or found another solution to get them
Exactly. If there was a "blinking" is this dispute, I think it was Univision. I can't see Dish as being the one who was desperate to bring it back.

Joe Capitano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2003
Univision returns just in time for the "friendly" between the USA and Chile on Univision Deportes (which ESPN2 has in English). KUNS-TV in the Seattle market remains off, however. Presumably that retrans deal, which should have been with Sinclair in the first place, is being worked on.

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
Very few of my Latino customers cancelled as a result of this dispute. More may have cancelled if Univision wasn't easily picked up via a simple set-top antenna in my area.

Reactions: allargon and Tampa8

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Yeah, I'll be fighting that $10. I want my bonus pack the way it is now.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The word I am getting for El Ray not returning is it sounds like they plan on sun setting the channel sometime in the future, and it will be going away everywhere.

The only show I ever watched on it was the wrestling show. And I only watched one or two episodes.

If this is the reason why it is not coming back then it makes sense why DISH did not bring it back.

Reactions: navychop

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
It was lowered due to losing Univision. Now that it's back, it goes to the regular price. What is there to fight?
I want the package without Univision and without the $5 extra, just as when I signed up for it.

Reactions: darrengs

dennispap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hammond, La.
The word I am getting for El Ray not returning is it sounds like they plan on sun setting the channel sometime in the future, and it will be going away everywhere.

The only show I ever watched on it was the wrestling show. And I only watched one or two episodes.

If this is the reason why it is not coming back then it makes sense why DISH did not bring it back.
I think all of the episodes of Lucha Underground are on Netflix now. And in HD

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
I think all of the episodes of Lucha Underground are on Netflix now. And in HD
Lucha Underground is no longer on Netflix, in fact season 5 may not be happening, but if it does, it may wind up on Epix as MGM is one of the companies that produces it. plus this week 5 talents were released from their contract as they wanted to wrestle elsewhere, especally the soon to launch All Elite Wrestling.

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

Reactions: dennispap

Canesman

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 27, 2015
Chicago
Glad Univision and other channels are back. I can now consider ending my Fubo subscription.

The UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals and later stages are coming up and I am glad I can just record them on the Trusty Hopper 3.

Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned but Univision Deportes is not on channel 869 anymore. Its new reincarnation is now on channel 856.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Well, I just dropped the Latino Bonus Pack. I had it mostly for the additional diginets but $10 is too much for just those few channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)