Status
Not open for further replies.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Please Brett. Hang it up. This is painful to watch. You make decisions based on what your body and teammates used to be capable of. Both are greatly diminished and its time to go. Let us remember you as you were. Not like this.

Give me a break - the guy is still better than 99% of the other QBs in the league - 3000+ yards 14 years running. Never missed a game in 15 years. Holds the #1, #2, or #3 records in virtually every QB stat.

The problems this year stem from the fact that he is playing with 2nd, 3rd, and even 5th string players beside him, and he is trying to solve all their problems alone (which no one can do) 9 starters out for the season, 11 injured 1/2 or more of the season. That's why there's all the interceptions.

If you really knew the team, the players, and the situation, you wouldn't even come up with such a lame suggestion. I'd take Brett over any other QB in the league right now to win a game (assuming he has some players on his team to have a chance to do it).

Please retire
We are sick of every year for the last 3 or 4…the same thing
“Yep I’m retiring at the end of this year” then a month later “nah I changed my mind”

Please retire
So when you are on the bigger games I don’t have to listen to Joe Buck and Madden hang on your jock the whole game.

Please retire
So when you throw the ball in the 4th quarter and score (and if you are behind) I don’t have to hear the announcers say “oh my god, another comeback is brewing for the packers. Can Favre do it?”

Please retire….

If he wanted another ring, if it were me I'd retire. But I believe in his case he loves playing football. I agree it's becoming painful to watch. Last night was the first time this season (maybe in his career) that I saw the whole team QUIT?!

pradike said:
Give me a break - the guy is still better than 99% of the other QBs in the league - 3000+ yards 14 years running. Never missed a game in 15 years. Holds the #1, #2, or #3 records in virtually every QB stat.

The problems this year stem from the fact that he is playing with 2nd, 3rd, and even 5th string players beside him, and he is trying to solve all their problems alone (which no one can do) 9 starters out for the season, 11 injured 1/2 or more of the season. That's why there's all the interceptions.

If you really knew the team, the players, and the situation, you wouldn't even come up with such a lame suggestion. I'd take Brett over any other QB in the league right now to win a game (assuming he has some players on his team to have a chance to do it).

Aparently you cant read or you are incapable of comprehending the post which everyone else here seems to understand. My guess is its the latter with a small dose of the former. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Honestly I think he should have retired 2 years ago. I also think he is one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the NFL.

It also seems like any time anything goes wrong he is no where to be found and wants nothing to do with the media. But when its going his way he makes sure he is in front of the camera.

minorthr said:
Honestly I think he should have retired 2 years ago. I also think he is one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the NFL.

It also seems like any time anything goes wrong he is no where to be found and wants nothing to do with the media. But when its going his way he makes sure he is in front of the camera.

In the past when he threw into coverage he had recievers that could make a play on the ball. He doesnt have that now nor does he have all of the skills he used to have. And now he cant make up for that interception he threw in the last series and the poor judgement that causes those interceptions that he has thrown throughout his career becomes glaringly obvious. There is no one to throw too, true. SO why not do something novel and not throw it up for the other team? My God last night I think the DB's were having a tea party back there just waiting for him to throw one up for grabs. I dont think Brett has enough years left to wait for this team around him to get better. Id hate to watch and see this turn into a Joe Namath situation. The end of his career was just humiliating.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Aparently you cant read or you are incapable of comprehending the post which everyone else here seems to understand. My guess is its the latter with a small dose of the former. :rolleyes:
But at least I can spell...you just don't get it - he has no REASON to retire - he's heathy, solid, and can do the job better than most.

Perhaps you think everyone should retire regardless of if and how they can still contribute... :rolleyes:
Iceberg said:
Please retire
Please retire….
That's what all you Vikings fans have been hoping for for years!

These pictures are your real motivation, aren't they?

Attachments

• Vikings Trophy Case1_edited.jpg
    Vikings Trophy Case1_edited.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Vikings.jpg
    Vikings.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Vikings Funny.jpg
    Vikings Funny.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Vikings PRICELESS.jpg
    Vikings PRICELESS.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 145
pradike said:
But at least I can spell...you just don't get it - he has no REASON to retire - he's heathy, solid, and can do the job better than most.

Perhaps you think everyone should retire regardless of if and how they can still contribute... :rolleyes:

That's what all you Vikings fans have been hoping for for years!

These pictures are your real motivation, aren't they?

Hate to burst your bubble but he couldnt even get the job done a year or two ago against the Eagles when he still had something that resembled a team around him and the year he did win his one and only SB it was the defense that got them there and the great offensive players around him. I seem to recall him doing what in that Eagle game? O yes, throwing the ball to the wrong color jersey. It was a VERY POOR decision and a horrendous throw. The skills are leaving him, the decision making as bad as ever and the supporting cast is long gone. Staying in GB will be a humiliating end.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Hate to burst your bubble but he couldnt even get the job done a year or two ago against the Eagles when he still had something that resembled a team around him and the year he did win his one and only SB it was the defense that got them there and the players around him. Staying in GB will be a humiliating end.
Hate to burst your bubble but football is a team sport.

The only humilating things right now are comments such as yours.

How did this turn into a my TV setup is better then yours discussion. Can we just all agree that Favre is overrated :cool:

minorthr said:
How did this turn into a my TV setup is better then yours discussion. Can we just all agree that Favre is overrated :cool:

I agree, and I'm long time Packer fan. Favre has always been streaky, great arm but prone to baffling mental errors.

A strong arm and longevity may translate into entries in the record book but they don't necessarily indicate what I would call a "great" quarterback, very good in this case, but not great. IMHO

NightRyder

I think it a bit much to say he is over rated; I mean look at his career stats and he has won the big game, and he is sure 1st ballot HOF. He is a declining QB on a really bad TEAM. Put him behind a decent OL with WR that gave a crap and he would have the same or better record than Tom Brady has right now in that weak div.

charper1 said:
I think it a bit much to say he is over rated; I mean look at his career stats and he has won the big game, and he is sure 1st ballot HOF. He is a declining QB on a really bad TEAM. Put him behind a decent OL with WR that gave a crap and he would have the same or better record than Tom Brady has right now in that weak div.
BINGO. YOU ARE RIGHT ON.

Elway is said to have been great, yet if not for Terrell Davis, he NEVER would have won a Super Bowl, let alone been in one.

charper1 said:

Brady is a much better QB.

NightRyder said:
I agree, and I'm long time Packer fan. Favre has always been streaky, great arm but prone to baffling mental errors.

Yeah, that's why Bill Simmons threw out the not entirely inaccurate comparison of Favre as "the white Aaron Brooks" in a recent ESPN column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts