Bright house compliments and complaints

HotSamoan3

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
Kissimmee
Hi guys i just thought i would start a thread about bright house and their customer service so if anyone is interested please leave your comments, either good or bad. as for me personally no complaints here. Thanks everyone and have a good day:D

Only issue I have in the Birmingham AL market is the VERY inconsistent internet. They have been out about 14 times and we still have speed issues. The Max speed on all speedtest is 15meg after running the test 15-20 times. Most of the time during the day it is around 11 meg and at night we are around 5-8 meg. We have replaced 3 modems, 2 lines in the yard, amps/repeaters in the neighborhood, fiber techs working on configs. I have phone, tv, and internet.

What is wrong with those speeds? And more likly then anything the problem is not a modem, or amps or lines etc. Its a node with a few to many high usage customers.

But the speeds you mention are not much to complain about. 15mbit is great. avg 11mbit in the day is great. Your peak usage speeds at night of around 5-8 could be a bit better but still nothing to shy about.

Well seeing 15 meg after you try it several times is the only way to get those speeds. I was a charter customer for 6 years and my speeds were always what they advertised day/night. I was a fios customer for 2 yrs and there speeds were also solid day/night.

The complaint is my speed is closer to the 7 meg package then it is the 15 meg package. I would think during the day when everybody is at work it should be right on 15 meg and at night dropping to the 11 meg range. I agree they have a node problem but that still is a complaint.

My experience with BHN in Tampa is as follows.

Internet and Digital Phone are rock solid. Internet has always been the best product BHN has ever offered when it comes to stability.

Digital Cable still has many problems (mainly content related) but the last couple of years I have noticed big enough improvements in channel offerings, customer service and stability. Those DVR boxes are still a thorn in their sides just like about every company that offers these types of cheap DVR boxes (cheap software that is).

Also BHN Tampa just added Smithsonian HD, MavTV HD, Speed HD, FNC HD, CNBC HD, WGN HD, AMC HD and Bio HD all in one day (today). Thus far I'm seeing more than enough lately to believe BHN is moving in the right direction as a company.

All they must do is keep adding HD channels, roll out that new Samsung HD DVR box and don't think about going to pay per use internet and they will be competing quite nicely "and" making customers a bit happier for once.