[BRIGHT HOUSE] What QAM channels in the clear?

Trevorm7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Clearwater, FL
Yes, I'm in the Tampa bay area and I'm wonder what channels Bright house has here in the clear.

Also what are the major differences between the DVICO FusionHDTV3 and the DVICO FusionHDTV5? Because I can get the FusionHDTV3 for cheap second hand, are the qam capabilities better on the FusionHDTV5? Will it make a difference in my area?

603-604-605-608-610-613-616-617-618-619-628-632

I have not checked since 609 went on but I would think that would be in the clear as well.

It and 38 are the last major hold outs.

I don't clump Univision and Pax (i) in that category as most don't care.

As 38 is loosing WB, I doubt anyone cares.

As Les Moonves of CBS has stated recently they want money for their stations - I suspect 44 might be a long time before its settled.

The good news is 44 is one of the easiest to pick up OTA - and quite frankly - the picture is better OTA than from Brighthouse on all the local channels.

Yeah I can get 3, 10, 22, 28, 32, 38, 44, 50, 66 with the antenna that came with my hdtv wonder. I have to move it around to get some channels better and it's annoying, I can get channel 8 and 13 if my antenna weren't uhf only. I can get better reception on those 2 channels with a spoon, I can't get it at all with the antenna.

I just want to ditch the hdtv wonder and get a qam capable card. But the channels are so few!

And why does the abc channel 40 (they call themselves abc 7) have their news in hd and abc 28 doesn't? I'm able to get abc 7 in anolog but I get no signal in digital.

My zip is 33756 btw.

Anyone know whats happening in the future?

Why do you think Channel 40 has their news in HD?

You cannot get their digital signal as they have a VERY directional signal to the south on their DTV signal. Last time I checked (granted it was 14 months ago) it was only around 600 Watts iirc.

Combine the low power with a direction signal to the south, I could not even pick it up 5 miles due south of their transmitter.

My memory is they were on in Clearwater 20 years ago when you had literally 20 cable systems spread out among each individual town - long before Time Warner purchased all the systems and merged them together.

WWSB will not be on throughout Pinellas while they are an ABC affilate.

BayNews 9 on 609 is not in the clear - which really amazes me, but I guess they have their reasons for it - making it a "premium" service.

WeatherPlus on 607 is also marked as subscription only, which Media General would probably raise hell about if they knew it - but considering as badly as they do HD, it will take 2-3 years before they notice.

HDTVFanAtic said:
WeatherPlus on 607 is also marked as subscription only, which Media General would probably raise hell about if they knew it - but considering as badly as they do HD, it will take 2-3 years before they notice.

Then tell them :)

Trevorm7 said:
Then tell them :)

I'd rather them learn how to do HD properly instead of getting them distracted bitching at BHN to get the copy protection flags correct on their weather channel.

Of course, since it appears they won't get HD right anytime soon, we might have a long wait.....

Of course, as bad a Channel 10 is, 8 looks like geniuses at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)