Broadband instead of phone

mruk69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Music City U.S.A
I have a 722 and you still have to have a phone line connected for some of the features like checking your bill, why on earth can they not enable this via ethernet. My receiver is connected to the internet.

I have a 722 and you still have to have a phone line connected for some of the features like checking your bill, why on earth can they not enable this via ethernet. My receiver is connected to the internet.

There are a number of other discussions here regarding the same issue. Bottom line is that as of now, it appears to work only for ordering PPV events, but does not work for the other interactive/customer service features. As best I have been able to determine, they'll need to roll out a software update to "fix" that.

Mark

There are a number of other discussions here regarding the same issue. Bottom line is that as of now, it appears to work only for ordering PPV events, but does not work for the other interactive/customer service features. As best I have been able to determine, they'll need to roll out a software update to "fix" that.

Mark

Announced as coming. The software involved is downloaded when you go to the interactive options, so could be rolled out at any time they are ready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)