Broadband Internet On DirecTV Boxes?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Craiger1

Original poster
Apr 22, 2006
Hi. Over at NDS.com they have a news article about new features coming to sattilite boxes and the reporter said broadband internet? Does this mean that DirecTV is going to add a web browser to all of its boxes, including their DVR boxes? I was thinking about that because of DirecTV announcing it was getting into wireless broadband internet. I wondered if DirecTV might add a wifi connection to their set-top's and DVR set-tops were you could enter a wep key into the box and use the web browser with any wireless internet provider or DirecTV's? Thanks, Craig.

Craiger1 said:
Hi. Over at NDS.com they have a news article about new features coming to sattilite boxes and the reporter said broadband internet? Does this mean that DirecTV is going to add a web browser to all of its boxes, including their DVR boxes? I was thinking about that because of DirecTV announcing it was getting into wireless broadband internet. I wondered if DirecTV might add a wifi connection to their set-top's and DVR set-tops were you could enter a wep key into the box and use the web browser with any wireless internet provider or DirecTV's? Thanks, Craig.

oops... Welcome to SatGuys

it means that it will be high speed internet using the dish to accept incoming packets and the phone line for outgoing. called hughesnet formely known as direcway. very expensive instal reasonable monthly prices for customers with no other alternative. and its to PC not the receivers

Uhhh, no Hughesnet uses the sat for outgoing packets. It does not use the phone line.

AS far as broadband into a d* reciever, i don't know.

VagiDirecTV said:
it means that it will be high speed internet using the dish to accept incoming packets and the phone line for outgoing. called hughesnet formely known as direcway. very expensive instal reasonable monthly prices for customers with no other alternative. and its to PC not the receivers

What are you talking about?:what

Have you been asleep for the past 5 years?

You are correct. Direcway got away from dial return years ago. They only do 2 way "high speed" internet via a larger dish for transmitting & receiving. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts