BroadLogic 2030 w/DTV questions

ionbladez

Original poster
Sep 7, 2010
coral springs
I know, I'm new here and have a million questions, and glad I found this place.

Long story short,
I got a vbox 2030 PCI card on ebay, the condo I live in REQUIRES us to have satellite service, DTV specifically, however we get our equipment from DISH. Pretty weird. After living here about 6 years so far, we've had no problems and had boxes replaced here and there. Now the one in my room went out, and I bought this card.

My main goal is to watch tv on my computer, I built a really nice pc and can't watch tv yet :p

If I'm posting in the wrong place, my bad, my name is everywhere on the net and this is something I just kinda got into.

Any help appreciated :]

edit:

yes I do have my drivers, I have a fully registered Pro version of ProgDVB 6 too paid $36 for.

I know, I'm new here and have a million questions, and glad I found this place.

Long story short,
I got a vbox 2030 PCI card on ebay, the condo I live in REQUIRES us to have satellite service, DTV specifically, however we get our equipment from DISH. Pretty weird. After living here about 6 years so far, we've had no problems and had boxes replaced here and there. Now the one in my room went out, and I bought this card.

My main goal is to watch tv on my computer, I built a really nice pc and can't watch tv yet :p

If I'm posting in the wrong place, my bad, my name is everywhere on the net and this is something I just kinda got into.

Any help appreciated :]

edit:

yes I do have my drivers, I have a fully registered Pro version of ProgDVB 6 too paid $36 for.

first of all if you getting your equipment through dish then it dish and not directv

Also the PCI card is not compatible with either service as the services are encrypted and the pci you bought it for Free to Air satellite services.

what system do you have?

regardless...stonecold hit it on the head

Also the PCI card is not compatible with either service as the services are encrypted and the pci you bought it for Free to Air satellite services

@ionbladez Where interesting device, never saw DVB-S cards with an integrated smart card reader.

@charper1 I just googled and found this YouTube channel , and my guess he is a DJ. But may be I'm wrong here. I think @ionbladez can answer by himself.

@stonecold Thank you for the explanation. Does only this device not support Dish or DirecTV providers, may be its some PCI\USB solutions from PC?

Sorry I'm bumping so late, I built a new PC, and yes. I know for a fact this is a DVB-S Card with smart-card slot.
I've been so busy with work lately I haven't logged in and checked this thread.

I can take it out and take pictures, it's a BroadLogic (ABA?) 2030, shows as V@Box ABA2030 on my device manager as a networking device.
Now I do understand this is a satellite receiver card and not a [digital/analog] cable one.

I paid for a ProgDVB license a while back, and needless to say I guess I wasted the money.

I do in fact get DirecTV (branded smart card in receiver)
My PCI card has a smart card slot, matches exactly to the pins on the card itself.

In any case, There is no way possible I could use this to watch tv? I called DirecTV and they wouldn't let me set it up because it's not "Their hardware".

Did I waste money?

Last edited:
Here's a quick update, just got home from work:

TSReader Hardware Support
bl2030.jpg

A picture of exactly what I have.
I've been looking all day for more info on this card, however their website vbox.to is non-existent now.

What made me mad the most though is when the rep from directv told me they wouldn't set it up because it's not theirs. Some load.

Edit: found this

http://www.vboxcomm.com/drivers01.htm
http://www.vboxcomm.com/vbox/se2030pci+.pdf < "download Brochure"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)