Broken Controllers?

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Out of curiosity, and the fact that I just did it last night, how many controllers have you broken in your days of gaming?

I have not broken any, the kids on the other hand, two from our first xbox. now that they are a little older, we have had the same two controllers for the 2 xboxs for 3 years now. bought them when I bought the slim

3 that I know of (I threw them so hard they were unusable afterwards.) I've had other controllers that have failed but they didn't fail right after I did something to them, so I don't know if their breaking was from basic wear and tear or directly caused by my recklessness.

I have one DS PS3 controller with a broken L2 button (from hitting a wall -- I was aiming for a padded chair :eek:). And my very first PS3 controller has a wonky left analog stick, I imagine from being faulty out of the factory, as I noticed a problem with it within the first 18 months of relatively light use.

Broken or simply wore out?I can only recall ever breaking one,and that was because it wasn't working right to begin with.I dunno how many NES,SNES,and Nintendo 64 controllers I simply wore out.I'd take them apart and clean the contacts and get all the hand ick out of em,to get a few more months of life.

Haven't broken any per say, but the kids and I have a couple with worn out buttons on 2 of our controllers. Sticking , etc..

Yeah, I can't say I've ever broken one out of frustration. I have had a couple wear out on me over the years though. I have had games frustrate me to the point where I will turn them off and never put them back in but I guess I've never gotten to the point where I felt like smashing a $60 controller.

I'm talking about getting so frustrated that you bust your controller. I can get pretty worked up when playing NCAA Football. I hit my controller on my footrest and it popped open the controller, I was not trying to damage it at all. I was already frustrated from the game then the controller splitting apart really set me off. Needless to say it turned into about a hundred little pieces. lol

I'm talking about getting so frustrated that you bust your controller. I can get pretty worked up when playing NCAA Football. I hit my controller on my footrest and it popped open the controller, I was not trying to damage it at all. I was already frustrated from the game then the controller splitting apart really set me off. Needless to say it turned into about a hundred little pieces. lol

Oh I've seen it happen. When I was in college playing EA NCAA Football against my roommate he got so mad that he threw a 360 controller against the brick wall of our dorm. Who knew there were so many tiny pieces inside a controller? The thing is that we were playing with my 360 and my controllers so I got pretty mad myself. He replaced it plus a case of beer and all was forgiven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)