Broken HD receiver, and being treated like cattle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Full story:

I called about replacing a broken hd receiver. The receiver had times where the video would go away while audio played. When I reset the receiver, it was okay for a few weeks. Even when it had problems, I could hook up the hdmi to bluray player, and it worked fine.

So I called to replace. They originally did that. Called an hour later to replace it with an hddvr. Argued that we paid $100 for the damn hd receiver, they would send us a NEW $100 hd receiver, why can't we pay $100 more if they will do that and give us an HDDVR? The guy went ahead and put in an order, I call again to find it's an UPGRADE and we have a due account of $388.35.

I try to get them to let us do standard install, they say they can't do that since the system knows the room has 1 directv line. So I say have it replace the hddvr, they say they can't do that because it's already scheduled for the hd21.

So I agree, hang up, call again. Argue with another person to switch it, end up canceling the hddvr pro install. Wanted to restart the new hd21, and fix all this mess. Was talking to somebody in protection plan, they said they were gonna do this, then I heard a few buttons and I got switched to customer service (??).

I told the guy about it, he said he'd look it, then I heard more buttons and I got switched to another guy.

I told this guy connect me to protection plan. I went over the problem, wanting to replace the receiver, and they put me thru Directv troubleshooting hell. They troubleshooted, reset the receiver, then told me they can't replace it today and if I CALL 3 MORE TIMES, AND STILL HAVE PROBLEMS, ONLY THEN I'LL BE ABLE TO REPLACE IT!!

The $388.35 charge is still showing on my account as well, and I have a broken receiver and nobody is trying to help.

This is crap. A paying customer should not be treated like cattle. If Directv cannot follow their protection plan I will be settling this in small claims court.

Since this is a D* forum, I'd like advice.

I didn't understand the policies, it's obvious. But I am a paying customer! How the hell can you treat me like this just because I didn't understand these policies?

Last edited:
They did the same thing to me. You are not the only one. That's why in one month my contract will expire and I will cancel the service. I will never recommend DTV to anybody because they have terrible costumer service and because their policy of extending the contract for 2 years if something goes wrong with your receiver. In 2 years there is good chance that the receiver will goes bad and technically you can be under contract with them forever, unless you pay the racket (protection plan). So one more month , and no more contract for TV service with nobody.

Same luck here. D pretty much has you where they want you that is beholding to them. I recently had a hddvr replacement which according to them is a free replacement which cost me $19.95 not much but not free. Now the off air external antenna does not work and I can't record Jay Leno anymore. I told them about this and they said they do not replace receivers just because of an off air antena not working. So I guess I could upgrade receivers but bam another 2 years servitude

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)