Broken HDMI (not really a new topic)

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
It took all of 1 Day for the HDMI cnnector to break on the output of the 622. I even had strapped it together wit 2 other cables to help steady it. Sure hope the 722k comes out soon and has a better HDMI output connector. Had to start this new thread due to other thread was too old.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Geen there done that.

well hook up a component cable and your back to HD output. sorry to hear about your hdmi

I didn't say I wasn't getting an HD picture just that the HDMI was broken. I'm gonna use the comp until the 722k comes out then I will report the problem of the broken HDMI and get the 722k and try to say get the price of the 2nd OTA module thrown in for the inconvenience I had had to go thru.

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Maybe

Get out your soldering iron and open up your receiver...

I will probably look but since I lease it's a defect in the hardware. If I play w/soldering it may show that I've been inside. Then I might catch L for that. I looking to push the inconvenience etc to get the 722k for free.

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
I will probably look but since I lease it's a defect in the hardware. If I play w/soldering it may show that I've been inside. Then I might catch L for that. I looking to push the inconvenience etc to get the 722k for free.

I think you are giving Dish more credit than they deserve! :D

But, I understand about not wanting to tamper with a leased receiver and now that you mention pushing for a 722K I'm wondering if my HDMI jack is not starting to break too. ;) ;)

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Looked

I think you are giving Dish more credit than they deserve! :D

But, I understand about not wanting to tamper with a leased receiver and now that you mention pushing for a 722K I'm wondering if my HDMI jack is not starting to break too. ;) ;)

I opened the 622 up only way to repair this thing is to replace the jack. It isn't the traces on the circuit board but piss poor connector inside the housing that connects to the circuit board.

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
I opened the 622 up only way to repair this thing is to replace the jack. It isn't the traces on the circuit board but piss poor connector inside the housing that connects to the circuit board.

Thanks for looking! Let us know how the bid for a 722k goes.

bhatchel

Jun 18, 2009
hayward, ca
WH is still waiting for a GOOD 722K! I'm his brother! He had to move so held off a bit, then when he got Rcvr at new place, opened it up to find it was a 722, NOT a K. He hopes to get a K soon! He's in the midwest.
I'm in CA and just switched from DTV. Got a 722K installed this week. Installer said that K's are all they have in the west coast warehouse. I plan to order an OTA mod tomorrow... :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts