Curious Question About MT2 OTA Module

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Why does this module include a Channel 3-4 Modulated output? I can't see the logic there, as this is an ATSC module for HD-Only receivers, why would you need a TV1 Modulated output? Just wierd to me. Wish it was an antenna pass-thru... Then I would have one less splitter behind the tv.

On another note, signal level is only down slightly from the single atsc tuner 722 my 722K replaced. I LOVE being able to record 2 HD Locals... In full quality too. Dish makes a damn good receiver with this 722K. It's very fast and responsive too.

Why does this module include a Channel 3-4 Modulated output? I can't see the logic there, as this is an ATSC module for HD-Only receivers, why would you need a TV1 Modulated output? Just wierd to me. Wish it was an antenna pass-thru... Then I would have one less splitter behind the tv.

My guess is that the guts of this module began life as a "Digi Converter" and rather than hack off the Ch 3-4 O/P conn, they just left it there and designed a case that would allow it to be a slip-in add-on for their rcvrs. And if u have an old TV or VCR sitting sitting around, you could feed this into it to watch/record the new digital OTA programs! :D
Anyone else have any more concrete info on why the 3-4 o/p is there? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts