Cost of hooking up external hard drive?

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I have a 625 reciever. If I get an external hard drive what does Dish Network charge to open up the port to be able to hook it up?

Thanks

You can't the 625 has USB 1.0 which is not supported and if it was it would take forever to transfer anything. The cost is the same for everyone 39.95 one time charge. The fee is for the account and not the receivers.

There are certain models of the Archos personal media players that work with the 625, but a plain hard drive won't. You'd have to contact Dish Network for details of device compatibility, but good luck getting a CSR that can actually answer the question. :)

You can do real-time transfers or even record directly to the device with some Archos as stated above. Go to the Archos website and see what you can find. The last time I checked they made very clear which were compatible with which Dish Network STB's.

You can do real-time transfers or even record directly to the device with some Archos as stated above. Go to the Archos website and see what you can find. The last time I checked they made very clear which were compatible with which Dish Network STB's.

As Sub mentioned you can do real-time transfers. Hook up some RCA jacks to a digital camcorder, hit play on your receiver and record on your camcorder, direct transfer after "watching" onto your computers hard drive. It's a round about way but if it matters that much to you, by all means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts