Curious Question About MT2 OTA Module

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
Why does this module include a Channel 3-4 Modulated output? I can't see the logic there, as this is an ATSC module for HD-Only receivers, why would you need a TV1 Modulated output? Just wierd to me. Wish it was an antenna pass-thru... Then I would have one less splitter behind the tv.

On another note, signal level is only down slightly from the single atsc tuner 722 my 722K replaced. I LOVE being able to record 2 HD Locals... In full quality too. Dish makes a damn good receiver with this 722K. It's very fast and responsive too.

Why does this module include a Channel 3-4 Modulated output? I can't see the logic there, as this is an ATSC module for HD-Only receivers, why would you need a TV1 Modulated output? Just wierd to me. Wish it was an antenna pass-thru... Then I would have one less splitter behind the tv.

My guess is that the guts of this module began life as a "Digi Converter" and rather than hack off the Ch 3-4 O/P conn, they just left it there and designed a case that would allow it to be a slip-in add-on for their rcvrs. And if u have an old TV or VCR sitting sitting around, you could feed this into it to watch/record the new digital OTA programs! :D
Anyone else have any more concrete info on why the 3-4 o/p is there? :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts