Brother inlaw loves me now

Jordan420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
Seattle, WA
This is just a good story

My brothert in law just called me, his legacy dish system has been out for the last 2 days(since tuesday) due to snow, he cleaned off the dish but couldn't receive anything. He spent an hour on the phone with dish India, pull card, pull power, check switch, etc. & nothing worked.

Tech won't be out till Tues, so he calls me to see if I know anything(my wife, his sister has told him I know much more than E* from reading satguys, at least some of this she pays attention to) So I tell him to unhook the sat feeds to the receiver, run a check switch, when finished reconnect & run it again.

Sure enough he calls back 10 minutes later & tells me he is up & running, & is kicking himself that he didn't call 2 days ago.

I guess 2 days without TV is better than 7

Thanks everyone, I need all the help I can get with my wifes family.

Jordan

Last edited:
Glad you could be a hero. My family is constantly calling me.

NS Ke4est. If my phone rings I know its a someone needing help with a computer system or sat system.

It's kind of a mixed thing, I get mad because I am not a real social person and generally keep to myself (in a family of 6 its tough) but then if they don't call or call someone else I get mad because I usually could have fixed it in seconds and correctly and end up going anyways to fix someones hack job.