Browns Fire GM Phil Savage, RAC to follow

From a Talent Evaluation Standoint, Did Savage Deserve This?

The book isn’t closed on the Phil Savage era. We will continue to see the fruits of Savage’s labor for the next three-to-five years as his draft picks continue to hit or miss under whatever coaching regime happens to roll into town. Just so we can all keep it in mind, here is a list of Savage’s acquisitions over the last few years.

First, in the draft.

2008 (Round Player College)
4 Beau Bell UNLV
4 Martin Rucker Missouri
6 Ahtyba Rubin Iowa State
6 Paul Hubbard Wisconsin
7 Alex Hall St. Augustine’s

1 Joe Thomas Wisconsin
1 Brady Quinn Notre Dame
2 Eric Wright Nevada-Las Vegas
5 Brandon McDonald Memphis
6 Melila Purcell Hawaii
7 Chase Pittman Louisiana State
7 Syndric Steptoe Arizona

1 Kamerion Wimbley Florida State
2 D’Qwell Jackson Maryland
3 Travis Wilson Oklahoma
4 Leon Williams Miami (FL)
4 Isaac Sowells Indiana
5 Jerome Harrison Washington State
5 DeMario Minter Georgia
6 Lawrence Vickers Colorado
6 Babatunde Oshinowo Stanford
7 Justin Hamilton Virginia Tech

1 Braylon Edwards Michigan
2 Brodney Pool Oklahoma
3 Charlie Frye Akron
4 Antonio Perkins Oklahoma
5 David McMillan Kansas
6 Nick Speegle New Mexico
6 Andrew Hoffman Virginia
7 Jon Dunn Virginia Tech

Next, in free agency, I couldn’t find a complete list so I did a little research and went from memory. I am sure I will miss some.

Ted Washington
Dave Zastudil
LeCharles Bentley
Kevin Shaffer
Joe Jurevicius
Willie McGinest
Eric Steinbach
Donte Stallworth
Derek Anderson
Antwan Peek
Hank Fraley
Jamal Lewis
Seth McKinney
Robaire Smith
Mike Adams
Charles Ali
Josh Cribbs

When WAS the last touchdown for Cleveland and how it happened?

It's been a while!

It was against the Eagles late in the game they scored on a interception return.

The last Offensive TD I have yet to find.
It had to be an earlier game, they scored 10 against the Eagles

edit:
Harrison scored on a long TD run against Buffalo.
fwiw, Brady Quinn was still playing .
They have played 6 games since then.

Jimbo

It was against the Eagles late in the game they scored on a interception return.

The last Offensive TD I have yet to find.
It had to be an earlier game, they scored 10 against the Eagles

edit:
Harrison scored on a long TD run against Buffalo.
fwiw, Brady Quinn was still playing .
They have played 6 games since then.

Jimbo

Yup. No "offensive" TD's in 6 games. Our D managed to get a TD in that span though.

Yup. No "offensive" TD's in 6 games. Our D managed to get a TD in that span though.

Yea...was it McDonald who scored? All I remember was being embarrassed after he somersalted (sp??) into the endzone.

All though I do believe the Lions could have escaped 0-16 if they played the Browns yesterday instead of the Pack, I do believe the Browns would have broken their streak of 6 games without a TD. If you can't score on the Lions, you can't score on anybody. Oh wait, I guess you guys CAN'T score on anybody.:D

My Browns need someone. I Don't know who, but someone needs to come in there and grab players by the facemask and shake them. Romeo just stood there when really bad stuff happened. No intensity, no emotion. Nada. I think that's why everyone was clamoring for Cowher (no thanks, BTW). At least Cowher went apeshit when someone did something bad (or good).

You could count on Cowher to grab a moron wide receiver by the facemask and give them an earful of sh*t.

My Browns need someone. I Don't know who, but someone needs to come in there and grab players by the facemask and shake them. Romeo just stood there when really bad stuff happened. No intensity, no emotion. Nada. I think that's why everyone was clamoring for Cowher (no thanks, BTW). At least Cowher went apeshit when someone did something bad (or good).

You could count on Cowher to grab a moron wide receiver by the facemask and give them an earful of sh*t.

Cowher has never had moron WR's to do that too.
Cowher respects every one of his players.

Jimbo

Good point,
But he's gotten worse since leaving for the bright lights of NY ...

Jimbo

I agree, I was one that wasn't upset that he left.

Unlike Woodson, Porter and Faneca, even though they did just fine without them, it would of been nice to keep them, especially Woodson.

It's amazing how much talent Pittsburgh has let walk away, and yet they continue to dominate. Just shows what proper team management can do. (Are you paying attention Ford?)

The Browns have set a Thursday deadline for New England Patriots vice president Scott Pioli to make a decision on becoming Cleveland's top football executive, the Boston Herald reported, citing sources familiar with the negotiations.
According to the report, Pioli and Browns owner Randy Lerner, who met Wednesday in New York, left the meeting with no deal in place, but a deadline for Pioli to make a decision was established.

This has since been denied.

It's amazing how much talent Pittsburgh has let walk away, and yet they continue to dominate. Just shows what proper team management can do. (Are you paying attention Ford?)

And it's not like the Steelers aren't at the cap, they just feel when a player reaches a certain age, they wont pay them big money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)