Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian

If he did something wrong to do it, then punish him to the fullest, but if the ped walked out in front of him, then it was his own fault for not looking where he was going.

[/B]

Imagine how I feel about Detroit. That's everyday news here.

Yeah....What is so strange....I am promise not to go on a non-sport rant....but when I lived in Chicago, the average ...AVERAGE homicide rate is almost 4 times as much as Miami, but it has NEVER gotten the hype Miami crime gets! I remember my friends in Chicago telling me...."damn, your moving to Miami...their crime right is terrible.....!" WTF??!!:eek:

For the record, despite what all of the "anonymous sources" are saying....

The Associated Press said today that it appears that we’ll have to wait things out a bit longer as Stallworth’s blood test is in fact still awaiting the actual test.

Police spokesman Juan Sanchez said Monday that the routine blood work had not made it to the lab yet. Sanchez said results are expected to be released by the end of the week.

With that said, this is an unfortunate incident for all parties involved. From the deceased pedestrian and his family to Stallworth in having to live every day of his life knowing he took another man's life by accident.

this incident happened a few miles from where i work. to be fair, no one is supposed to be crossing from one side to another in that area. cars are going at times up to 75 mph.

this incident happened a few miles from where i work. to be fair, no one is supposed to be crossing from one side to another in that area. cars are going at times up to 75 mph.

Ya that's kinda what I was picturing, it will take a bit for him to be found at fault for anything. If he was found to be speeding or under the influence of anything though, dude's in serious trouble, vehicular manslaughter at least.

That is very true...BUT the McCarthur Causeway is VERY radar controlled to a 50 mph speed limit. I would not be surprised if it wasn't one of those fishermen that fish of the bridges all the time....too bad.:(

Ya that's kinda what I was picturing, it will take a bit for him to be found at fault for anything. If he was found to be speeding or under the influence of anything though, dude's in serious trouble, vehicular manslaughter at least.

Check out this link...

Donté Stallworth: NFL receiver Donté Stallworth's accident victim Mario Reyes was 'family man' -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The accident seems to have taken place in the middle of a 4 lane highway with a median in the middle. Why was the pedestrian crossing this road in the first place?

Check out this link...

Donté Stallworth: NFL receiver Donté Stallworth's accident victim Mario Reyes was 'family man' -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

The accident seems to have taken place in the middle of a 4 lane highway with a median in the middle. Why was the pedestrian crossing this road in the first place?

Why does ANYBODY do things that they sometimes should not do....?? Who knows...whether he was crossing illegally or not....Stallworth is in deep trouble. Because it is either possibly going to jail...or being sued. I mean how can you miss seeing an adult crossing the street? It's not like it was between parked cars....It MIGHT have been dark. I mean I start work at 7am, and it is still dark in Miami at that time.

Why does ANYBODY do things that they sometimes should not do....?? Who knows...whether he was crossing illegally or not....Stallworth is in deep trouble. Because it is either possibly going to jail...or being sued. I mean how can you miss seeing an adult crossing the street? It's not like it was between parked cars....It MIGHT have been dark. I mean I start work at 7am, and it is still dark in Miami at that time.

Because NOBODY should be on a divided highway walking across in the dark and nobody expects them to be there.

Because NOBODY should be on a divided highway walking across in the dark and nobody expects them to be there.

yeah....and no child should be playing inbetween cars playing and running out into the street chasing a ball....they it happens...you have to be aware of your surrounding....especially when driving....

Aye, just because people are stupid it doesn't clear anyone else of fault... from failure to use due care to vehicular manslaughter, there are tempered penalties when both parties share fault, but it doesn't mean one or the other gets away with anything. The pedestrian has paid for his mistake, if Stallworth was also at fault for one reason or another, he'll pay too.

That is very true...BUT the McCarthur Causeway is VERY radar controlled to a 50 mph speed limit. I would not be surprised if it wasn't one of those fishermen that fish of the bridges all the time....too bad.:(

yeah that's true. i forgot about the guys that fish in that area.

Lawrence Phillips Convicted of Assault

Tiger says he’d play in Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts