Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian

Compared to the possible 5-10 years...THAT above is a cake walk.

That scenario you posted is quite nice for your argument...but what caused the accident was the alcohol....NOT the jaywalking. The blood test PROVED that. He was legally drunk according to the law, you are not fully capable to make decisions behind the wheel....that is why it is called DUI.;)

And where did I make comparisons to OJ....??!! This and OJ have nothing to do with each other.

You should read Vurbano's quote that you said you agreed with a little closer then re: OJ.

You've turned this whole thing into a 'chicken or the egg' scenario when it is not. The accident would not have happened if the pedestrian did not run out into the street. Really all there is to it. If Stallworth would have been the cause of the accident then he'd have faced stiffer charges. You overcomplicate it to make your point and assume a ton. If the tape would have shown Stallworth had an opportunity to stop then he would not have been charged the way he did.

Drinking and doing drugs does not place people on the street in front of you. If he was falling over drunk when standing at the scene talking to police he would/should have been taken into custody then and there. Instead of gave his statement, fully cooperated, PASSED the field sobriety test(s), and gave blood twice for testing.

Unless you now want to go the conspiracy or 'he's got money' route, at least that kind of stuff is made up of things you... make up... ?

And since I haven't seen it in many articles or mentioned many places, I'll say it again:

He PASSED the field sobriety test(s). I'm not a drinker, so I'm not going to pretend to say how being in superb shape lets you handle alcohol, or how sleeping for a few hours after drinking and then driving affects your cognitive abilities, but passing these tests says a lot to me.

Stallworth to talk with commish

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4378481"]Donte' Stallworth of Cleveland Browns meets with Roger Goodell, source says - ESPN[/ame]

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, currently under indefinite suspension by the NFL, will meet Wednesday afternoon with commissioner Roger Goodell in Manhattan, according to a source with knowledge of the meeting.

Speaking to reporters at Browns training camp on Wednesday, coach Eric Mangini called the Stallworth-Goodell meeting "a league matter, so I can't elaborate anymore."

"Once the league makes the decision they're going to make, then we'll address it then," Mangini said.

Will get at least 6 games, maybe lose the season, and become the poster child for not drinking as the commish makes a few strong worded releases about being responsible and about drinking both publicly and directly to the teams.

Haven't read any speculation, just think that's how it will/should probably end up.

Publicly apologized today: [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4381138&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines"]Cleveland Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth apologizes, says he's caused 'irreparable harm' to family of victim and NFL - ESPN[/ame]

"I wanted to meet with Commissioner Goodell before making any public comment about the impact of my actions on the National Football League. I want to thank the Commissioner for giving me the opportunity to be heard yesterday," the letter read.

"I recognize that there is a difference between the legal standard in my criminal case and the standard to which NFL players are held. It is clear that I exercised poor judgment and caused irreparable harm to Mario Reyes, his family, the NFL, its owners, coaches, employees and to my fellow players. Going forward, I am committed to conducting myself in a manner that more accurately reflects who I am and meets the high standard expected of all NFL players. I tried to convey this commitment to Commissioner Goodell yesterday. I respect the Commissioner's authority and I trust his judgment. Whatever he ultimately decides is the appropriate discipline, I will accept knowing that I have profoundly affected the NFL and its relationship with the fans of our game.

"I apologize for my poor judgment. I jeopardized the honor and privilege that I have been given to be an NFL player and to play for our fans. I am truly sorry."

Vick, Plaxico, and others who get in the NFL's dog house (heh) take note, that's how you apologize and show remorse right there.

Publicly apologized today: Cleveland Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth apologizes, says he's caused 'irreparable harm' to family of victim and NFL - ESPN

Vick, Plaxico, and others who get in the NFL's dog house (heh) take note, that's how you apologize and show remorse right there.

I agree. This certainly sounds a lot more sincere than the canned apologies/statements we've been hearing recently, that you know went right from the lawyer's pen to the athlete's mouth.

Sandra

This was a letter, and not a presser or anything, but it's consistent with his conduct the whole time... he stayed around after the accident, he's cooperated fully, doesn't have any priors, he's not pulling punches on the apology and taking all of the blame and is ready to accept whatever punishment deemed appropriate by the commish to extend back to him the privilege of playing in the NFL.

Did anyone else catch ESPN's E:60 interview with Stallworth on the other night?

Vick's recent comments about blaming someone else for his actions made me think of how refreshing it was to hear Stallworth admit guilt. He made no excuses, took full responsibility and said that if he ever took a sip of booze again and got into a car, he would be "spitting on the grave of Mr. Reyes". With everything in the past aside, I found this interview refreshing and think Mr. Vick should take some notes.

Did anyone else catch ESPN's E:60 interview with Stallworth on the other night?

Vick's recent comments about blaming someone else for his actions made me think of how refreshing it was to hear Stallworth admit guilt. He made no excuses, took full responsibility and said that if he ever took a sip of booze again and got into a car, he would be "spitting on the grave of Mr. Reyes". With everything in the past aside, I found this interview refreshing and think Mr. Vick should take some notes.

Part of Vick's problem was the company he kept, Blank said, and weeding out the bad influences and associating with people who have his best interests at heart will be a key to redemption and a possible return to the NFL.

That's the Falcons owner, in May. I'd say Vick is pretty much on message. All you've got is one line out of context, or do you think he said that and left?

so even though the OWNER of the team he played for said the exact thing, as stated above by Stevo....you ain't buying it? :confused:

so even though the OWNER of the team he played for said the exact thing, as stated above by Stevo....you ain't buying it? :confused:

Nope. Vick speaks for himself. Everyone has their own opinion on Vick. But in order to get forgiveness, you must first own up to your mistakes. Vick isn't doing that, he's blaming others. That's what I did when I was 5 years old.

At least NFL justice was better than the legal justice....:rolleyes:

Stallworth suspended for 2009

ESPN.com news services

Donte' Stallworth has been suspended without pay for the 2009 season, the NFL said Thursday.

Stallworth, who pleaded guilty to DUI manslaughter in Florida in connection with an accident in which he struck and killed a pedestrian, will be reinstated after the Super Bowl in February 2010, the league said.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4396130"]Donte' Stallworth of Cleveland Browns suspended without pay for 2009 season - ESPN[/ame]

Nope. Vick speaks for himself. Everyone has their own opinion on Vick. But in order to get forgiveness, you must first own up to your mistakes. Vick isn't doing that, he's blaming others. That's what I did when I was 5 years old.

Or maybe he's just telling the truth, and you're jumping to conclusions over just a handful of words from an entire visit to backup what you already think about him?

Lawrence Phillips Convicted of Assault

Tiger says he’d play in Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts