Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian

If the pedestrian didn't cause the accident, the set of charges would have been completely different. If Stallworth entered the sidewalk or crosswalk he'd have been charged with murder. Since the state attorney was dealing with facts and not what if's of course it wasn't addressed.

I'm done, since it's clear nobody else is willing to participate in the lively debate, and you're clearly unconvincable. It's been lively ;) and I hope I don't have anyone with this train of thought in the room with me for Jury Duty late this week :D

GO Chiefs, Raiders suck, etc!

The only time I close a thread is when the OP says to do it. Cybok? What do you think?

Actually some stuff released today about it - [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4311675&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines"]Donte Stallworth police tapes details events before DUI crash - ESPN[/ame]

More of a timeline... wasn't coming home from clubbing at 7am, had actually gone home at 4 and took a nap, and was going out for breakfast or something at 7. Says he swerved, but guy kept going across the street, so swerved into him :(

I know we disagree on fault, but we can both agree it's sad.

Later, his voice falling almost to a whisper, Stallworth said, "If he would have completely stopped and not kept going ... don't know why he kept going. I don't know. I should have just stayed home."

Putting myself in his shoes, as someone who's also never even had as much as a moving violation, you can bet this will haunt him for a long time (aside from his sentence)

Actually some stuff released today about it - Donte Stallworth police tapes details events before DUI crash - ESPN

More of a timeline... wasn't coming home from clubbing at 7am, had actually gone home at 4 and took a nap, and was going out for breakfast or something at 7. Says he swerved, but guy kept going across the street, so swerved into him :(

I know we disagree on fault, but we can both agree it's sad.

Putting myself in his shoes, as someone who's also never even had as much as a moving violation, you can bet this will haunt him for a long time (aside from his sentence)

I will say this last thing.....I was BOTH almost hit by a DUI(that person ended up hitting a parked car, but he missed me by about a foot) and I almost hit someone on a motorcycle(I was 22 years old and since then, IF I know I am drive, I cut my alcohol comsumption that night at 2 drinks)....and I tell you, it is something that you will NEVER....EVER forget. On the later, I was VERY LUCKY that I neither hit someone or something and to this DAY, I can see the look of on the guys face when I got close enough to actually think I brushed him. Hel, I STILL get nervous driving when a motorcycle is in the next lane.

I do not doubt it will haunt him for a long time.

Most jails give you 5 days off for each month served, due to overcrowding. Add a day he probably spent after being arrested and you got 6 days. Subtract from 30.

Wow....he is out already! I guess a life is just worth 24 days and no driver's license....:(:no!protest:shh

Yeap, if it was that old man running over and killing that foo from the browns.. would the jail terms be the same? :rant:

I don't care if he was crossing in a duck crossing zone. It was F'N murder. IF you choose to blow your horn to warn then you had time to slow down instead. Stallworth made the decision to kill him if he didnt get out of the way when he blew the horn. Now being as drunk as he was he didnt realize the choice he was making. A car is a weapon and stallworth used it, SH*TFACED drunk to end this man's life. Stallworth didnt do a lot of time because he paid the family off. Welcome to OJ part duex, you can get away with ANYTHING if you have enough money. Stallworth was fortunate that he ran down the breadwinner of the family and they had no choice.

I don't care if he was crossing in a duck crossing zone. It was F'N murder. IF you choose to blow your horn to warn then you had time to slow down instead. Stallworth made the decision to kill him if he didnt get out of the way when he blew the horn. Now being as drunk as he was he didnt realize the choice he was making. A car is a weapon and stallworth used it, SH*TFACED drunk to end this man's life. Stallworth didnt do a lot of time because he paid the family off. Welcome to OJ part duex, you can get away with ANYTHING if you have enough money. Stallworth was fortunate that he ran down the breadwinner of the family and they had no choice.

Hey I have been stating this case for a while in here. I think Stallworth was very lucky he had the judge that he had. I was arguing with one individual who actually states in here that it was the PEDESTRIANS FAULT for jaywalking....:confused::confused:

Wow....he is out already! I guess a life is just worth 24 days and no driver's license....:(:no!protest:shh

...and 2 years house arrest...
...and 8 years probation...
...and several thousand dollars in fines...
...and millions possibly lost in a pro career...

So much for being done with this thread eh?

If someone drives pulls out of a driveway into traffic and are killed, it's the traffics fault I suppose? Same thing here. Fact is there was video to reinforce the charge, sentence, and settlement with the family. Whine all you want, it won't change the fact that running into traffic can get you killed, and it's your own damn fault. If Stallworth didn't have anything in his system, he wouldn't have been charged with anything.

And comparing this to OJ... (and then salsa agreeing with it?)... wow.

Hey I have been stating this case for a while in here. I think Stallworth was very lucky he had the judge that he had. I was arguing with one individual who actually states in here that it was the PEDESTRIANS FAULT for jaywalking....:confused::confused:

And here we go again. What happened to "I'm going to say one last thing..."?

I hate when people don't let something end...:rolleyes: :D

Sandra

...and 2 years house arrest...
...and 8 years probation...
...and several thousand dollars in fines...
...and millions possibly lost in a pro career...

Compared to the possible 5-10 years...THAT above is a cake walk.

If someone drives pulls out of a driveway into traffic and are killed, it's the traffics fault I suppose? Same thing here. Fact is there was video to reinforce the charge, sentence, and settlement with the family. Whine all you want, it won't change the fact that running into traffic can get you killed, and it's your own damn fault. If Stallworth didn't have anything in his system, he wouldn't have been charged with anything.

And comparing this to OJ... (and then salsa agreeing with it?)... wow.

That scenario you posted is quite nice for your argument...but what caused the accident was the alcohol....NOT the jaywalking. The blood test PROVED that. He was legally drunk according to the law, you are not fully capable to make decisions behind the wheel....that is why it is called DUI.;)

And where did I make comparisons to OJ....??!! This and OJ have nothing to do with each other.

Lawrence Phillips Convicted of Assault

Tiger says he’d play in Olympics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)