tony stewart hits driver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Twitter is great! I use it for the majority of my news. I follow a bunch of sports writers, news outlets, athletes and sports teams. You can get the latest news much faster following Twitter than you can by watching the news. The best thing is that it's mostly just the news I want to here about, like the Iowa Hawkeyes and Chicago Bears.

I'm not a huge fan of Facebook but it does work well for advertising a local business and it's a great way for me to keep in touch with extended family. Other than that the rest of the crap on Facebook drives me nuts.
WHY in this world, do we need to know the news BEFORE ot happens ... doesnt anyone have any patience anymore ?
If something happened an hour ago, I'm good with that, I dont need to know about it 59 minutes ago.

WHY in this world, do we need to know the news BEFORE ot happens ... doesnt anyone have any patience anymore ?
If something happened an hour ago, I'm good with that, I dont need to know about it 59 minutes ago.

You do realize that people come to this site so they can get satellite news before anyone else finds out. Just look at this site during the holidays and Team Summit, everyone is all excited to hear the latest news before anyone else knows. That's just our nature.

I myself love hearing sports news right away. Part of it is because I'm a huge fan of my favorite teams and like to stay on top of things. The other important reason is because of the fantasy football leagues I'm in and the sports betting I do. When you are doing things like this it's important to know who's injured and what players are doing well and who's starting.

Reactions: Rey
Twitter is by far (and I fought it a LONG time because of all the hashtag crap) one of the best sources for up to date sports and local news. I care nothing for national news or political stuff, because it takes week's to sort out the truth. Now if a player is hurt in practice, I like to know quickly what happened, or that it actually happened.

My feed is FSU and college sports news, as well as local news and emergency responders. You see sporting news almost as soon as it happens, local stuff is more for wreck, weather and traffic info because it is put up fast. I find myself not using Facebook much for anything other than keeping up with local restaurants, events and bands.

Reactions: Scherrman and Rey
Never been on Twitter, actually I have been on a friends account ... had No Idea what I was doing or looking for ...

Are there any rules at all ?

Any explanation as to how it works ?

I learned about Braxton getting injured when I got home from work ... I have no idea what time it actually happened ... doesn't really matter, it happened and I lived with out knowing right when it happened just fine.

That said, I don't gamble and I don't do Fantasy games.

Never been on Twitter, actually I have been on a friends account ... had No Idea what I was doing or looking for ...

Are there any rules at all ?

Any explanation as to how it works ?

I learned about Braxton getting injured when I got home from work ... I have no idea what time it actually happened ... doesn't really matter, it happened and I lived with out knowing right when it happened just fine.

That said, I don't gamble and I don't do Fantasy games.

Just set up an account and then you can just search for the things you're interesting in. I would search things like Iowa Football, Hawkeyes, Fantasy Sports, Fantasy Football, Sports Betting, Cubs News, Bears News and I even follow some players.

The best thing to do is just do a google search for the best twitter accounts to follow. I would search for "best twitter accounts for Iowa football" and end up getting a list of sports writers and just guys who run fan sites for the Hawks.

I ended up finding out about Miller's injury and the Tony Stewart accident before it was even on TV.

It looks like TS is going to race this weekend according to nascars website.

It seems the family still feels that Stewart is responsible and will continue to pursue getting him to take responsibility for it.

I can understand how the family would think like that, but the DA was explicit when he said that the enhanced videos showed that Tony's car did not change its line until the back tire hit Ward. They did not get what they wanted out of the justice system because Tony was not a fault. I suppose they will now sue Tony in civil court. I hope he fights it, but it will probably be easier just to pay them off.

I would like to see Tony set up a foundation to promote safety at the smaller tracks. Maybe get his guys at Eldora to do free assessments for the small tracks and maybe provide seed money for the improvements.

I can understand how the family would think like that, but the DA was explicit when he said that the enhanced videos showed that Tony's car did not change its line until the back tire hit Ward. They did not get what they wanted out of the justice system because Tony was not a fault. I suppose they will now sue Tony in civil court. I hope he fights it, but it will probably be easier just to pay them off.

I would like to see Tony set up a foundation to promote safety at the smaller tracks. Maybe get his guys at Eldora to do free assessments for the small tracks and maybe provide seed money for the improvements.
Had the Family NOT pursued addl. issues and was ok with the outcome I think Tony would have been happy to donate a large amount of money to the family ... not to pay them off, but as a gesture that everyone understood what happened ...
Now I doubt they will ever see Tony do something like that freely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)